Our Own Night

Notes: like the first half is severely old and cringy. I was way too focussed on the wrong things. And, Blaine is a junior along with the other three at McKinley. And Brittana is happily together. And... I'll stop there. You get the gist of it. Once again, it's old and I just wanted to finish it so I didn't think of the details. (It's inspired by video above)

>.<

To: All Students in 'McKinley High School Juniors'
From: Principal Figgins
Subject: Junior Prom

Hello all Junior students of WMHS,

This mail is to inform you all that same-sex couples at this year's Junior Prom will have to write me a two page paper on why you should be allowed to attend. All entries are due in two days time. Have a nice night and enjoy your prom,

Principal Figgins

Santana picked up her phone on the first ring as she was just about to grab it to dial a number herself. Kurt's voice was laced with anger on the other side, "How could they do such a thing!"

"I know, right! That is completely not okay. Britt and I already had our prom dresses all picked out and ready! No me gusta. What kind of sick son of a -" Brittany had to take Santana's phone from her before she could go into a full rant.

Blaine had taken over the phone on Kurt's side and he was now speaking to Brittany, "We are coming over right now to talk about this! Are you at your place or Santana's?"

"Mine, I just finished recording a session of Fondue For Two but Santana didn't want to go up again so I asked Lord Tubbington some more questions. I would open the front door for you unicorns but you'll have to knock on the back door. Lord Tubbington has a fear of people coming in through the front door."

Ignoring this usual behaviour from Brittany, Blaine set about getting ready. He tucked in his shirt and quickly re-gelled his hair. The email was the last thing he wanted right after making out.

*

Everyone in the room was doing something different. Kurt was pacing the floor, Santana was trying not to burst up in flames, Brittany was trying to get Lord Tubbington to tell her where he kept his ecstasy, and Blaine was speaking at the moment. "We don't have to go. I mean something severely embarrassing could've happened were we to go anyway. Like Kurt could've been named Prom Queen."

"Hey! That would never happen. The people at McKinley aren't that mean." Kurt had now resided to sitting down on Brittany's bed next to Blaine. He tried not to think about what the two girls had been up to in the same bed.

Santana was the next to speak out, "No me gusta. We should have our own little prom. Just us four. I can't go in there. Plus that two-page paper thing is totally rigged! I couldn't think of any reasons to go to a prom where we aren't accepted, besides to show off Britt."

"My parents are going to be away on the day of prom. We could use my house," Blaine offered.

"We should name it Unicorn Prom," Brittany looked up from where she was searching under Lord Tubbington's cat bed. "It will be so fabulous even Lord Tubbington will be jealous."

Kurt clapped his hands together, "That's a great idea, Britt!

*

"Santana texted and said she's sick, something about eating a new dish at Breadstix, so they can't come," Kurt told his boyfriend, pecking him quickly on the cheek.

"Then I have more time with you to myself, then."

"Sap."

"It's true though. I have more time to spend with you, so we can stay together all night."

"I can almost hear Santana saying wanky."

"Kurt!" he choked out.

He smiled, "I know, no hands south of the equator, but tonight should be about us loving each other anyway. I mean we always do but you know."

A kiss. "I know."

Another kiss. "Care to dance?'

And another. "I'd love to."

"Then let's do it, love."

"Hmm. I like that one."

Kurt took Blaine's hand in his own and placed the other on his waist. "The pet name?"

"Yeah," he responded, starting to move across the room in short but sure steps.

"I do too, love."

"Sap."

"Dork."

Kurt rested his head against his boyfriend's shoulder and looked out the window, imagining being in a crowded room with loads of couples doing exactly the same thing. He preferred it this way. It was like they had their own little secret, something they wouldn't share with anybody but kept to themselves, looking back years later and still smiling at the memory.

"We don't have our tuxes on yet and we're already dancing," Blaine said but made no move to stop what they were doing.

"Doesn't matter. I don't need to see you in a tuxedo to know I want to dance with you forever."

"God, we really are a cheesy couple." A few more minutes passed by before Blaine spoke again, "You wrote the paper anyway, didn't you?"

Kurt nodded, "Of course."

"What did you say?"

"Doesn't matter."

The taller teenager thought back to only hours later when he'd composed the email, mind whirring with all the things he had to say. Everything about it was important to him but the last line held the most importance, the reason he was moving with Blaine as one body, normal clothes on, in the centre of a living room instead of at a party.

I love him, and that is why I won't be attending your prom.