Medusa

Actually really happy rn because I got Medusa as my random word and I've been wanting to write one called Medusa anyway...

>.<

There's only one word that can describe Blaine's morning: terrible. Just plain terrible. He woke up late on the day of his math test and figured out he hadn't plugged in his phone the night before and it'd died before his alarm could go off. Actually figuring that out took even more time out of getting ready so he was forced to put on the first clothes he could find, and reluctantly skip breakfast. Since his phone was dead and it wouldn't charge nearly fast enough to do him any use he just left it at home and hoped, for the first time ever, that Kurt hadn't texted him with hope of a reply.

Thankfully, he made it on time, without breaking any speed limits, and entered the school building a minute before the bell rang. He was greeted with little sniggers and assumed it was just from his mismatched clothing. Taking a seat in the math classroom, he was glad to see Kurt enter the class as well, saying goodbye to Mercedes who had a different period.

Kurt turned towards the place he and Blaine usually sat and started walking but froze in his tracks. Blaine just looked at him strangely so he continued to walk, stifling a laugh after bringing himself back to the present.

"Hey, Kurt."

"Hi honey. Why didn't you answer my text?"

"Phone died. Are you okay? Is something funny?"

Another laugh, "I like your hair."

"You - what? Oh my God no tell me this isn't happening," Blaine started freaking out. How could he have been so stupid as to forget to gel!? He touched the soft curls and groaned at his idiocy.

"Relax. It's cute."

"It's not! I look like Medusa!"

"No," Kurt disagreed, "You're a lot prettier. Plus you're real."

"But still, this is a nightmare. I have an extra tub in my satchel, you think the teacher will let me go to the bathroom before the test starts?"

Kurt shook his head, "I don't think so. Besides, I finally get to see your hair in its natural form. I adore it."

"Well I don't," he grumbled and buried his face in his hands.

The taller teen said, "Hey, Blaine. You're my little Borat boyfriend and you're adorable. I love the hair. I love you. Doesn't matter what anyone else says."

"Did you just compare me to Sacha Baron Cohen?" He lifted his head up from his hands and rubbed his still somewhat tired eyes.

"Perhaps I did. We studied enough, right? This test is supposed to be the hardest of the year." Kurt tried to change the subject, distracting his adorable boyfriend from his "problem" and took one last glance at his revision sheet.

"I should be fine, thanks to you. You are amazing." Blaine grinned and took Kurt's hand where it was resting under the table, something they'd do quite often, and squeezed it briefly before returning to his own notes for the last couple minutes they had before the tests would be handed out.

"I know."