Our Differences Make Us One

I didn't have any inspiration so I asked Cr4sh_th3_M1nd_ for an idea and holy hell. I'm in love. Not with her. With the story line. I still love you though!! I literally make no sense.

CAN WE ALL APPRECIATE HOW GENIUS THE TITLE SHE THOUGHT OF IS

>.<

There's an abundance of noises in the dim area, lit only by several ill placed street lamps that give off a light so yellow they barely help at all. A dog barks in a home not too far away, or perhaps the dog is just really loud. There's a sharp whistle in a lame attempt to shut up the annoying brat but it hasn't worked any other night and it won't work tonight. The faint sound of a mother screaming at her child cuts through the night in a way only gunshots and the dog have been able to.

But out of all that, Kurt is positive the sound of his heart beating in its cage is the loudest noise. It never gets any easier, living in this place at the very edge of the Western Kingdom where nobody seems to give a damn about anything. It's been around a year or so for Kurt because he moved when he was kicked out of the last place and told to "fuck off because he's not welcome there". But it isn't like he actually lives in a house, no. He spends his days against a brick wall with a worn out blanket and mere rations. He's not welcome anywhere. Kurt suspects the only reason he's still in this area at all is because he hasn't been found yet.

Anything could happen right now. He's seen a burglar running out of houses. He's heard that gunshot that cuts through the night. And nobody besides him seems to care. If he had somewhere else to go he'd run in a heartbeat. This place is terrible for being so close to a castle.

*

The urge to groan is barely suppressed as she takes out her mirror to check her makeup for the tenth time in an hour.

That's one of the reasons he's never fallen in love with a girl before. All the girls he's ever met are either self absorbed, the antonym of interesting, just want to get into his pants, or all three. It's not a strong case considering he's had crushes on boys who were all three as well.

Quinn is very pretty, he will say that, but he feels nothing. No spark, not even an inkling of attraction. The fact that his father keeps sending over the prettiest girls from the kingdom in the hopes that he'll want to marry one of them is making it harder every day to tell his secret. He is not ready to marry a woman he does not want at only eighteen. In fact, he'll never be quite ready for that.

"Why don't we go out to the front of the castle to watch the pond with the ducks," he suggests in an effort to do something fun.

She flips her blonde hair over her shoulder, "Sure." Blaine's not surprised when she takes a supposed parting glance at her portable mirror and decides to smear on some more red lipstick. He knows she wants to kiss him but the idea of that all over his face is less than thrilling.

The bench they're sat on is of a high quality wood and Blaine keeps moving on it in an attempt to get farther away from Quinn. As expected, she's already tried to kiss him thrice now. Thrice he's refused.

He can't take it anymore. She's mundane, their interaction is mundane, everything is mundane. Blaine springs up from the bench and Quinn seems shocked. "I'm sorry, I just realised I was supposed to be helping my brother Henley pick out a suit for the upcoming ball."

"Oh, that's quite alright. Should I come back later?"

"No, don't," he almost shouts out but manages to say in a neutral tone. "I mean, I will send a message for you." Quinn says she understands and goes to leave, turning around to wave goodbye but finding the prince already gone.