Jar

I was debating if wether by the end of this Kurt should be dead or not, and lucky for your asses, he is alive and well even in the end

Random word fic

>.<

The pen touches the paper and ink comes out of it, absorbed by the soft material. Kurt moves the pen and draws out three words. He takes a second to think and then, writes another word. He proceeds to fold up the small piece of paper and smiles to himself, getting up to drop the folded up paper in a jar that he keeps on the top of his and Blaine's bookcase. His boyfriend can't reach that high and wouldn't dare inspect the container anyway; Kurt loves his privacy.

I love his eyes

*

He's still giddy from being proposed to. It happened hours ago but the effect won't be wearing off for days, he knows that much. His boyfriend - fiancé - went off to do something but Kurt was too excited at the time to listen to what it was. He takes the opportunity to take out a blue pen and a scrap of notebook paper and comes up with something to write immediately. Kurt actually wonders how he hasn't thought of this one before. Maybe he was saving it.

I love his infectious grin

*

The silver keeps distracting him. Kurt is trying to sketch a ruffled skirt but he can't stop looking at the damn ring on his ring finger. He knows he'd never take it off so instead he drops the pencil and picks up a pen instead. The jar's been getting fuller consistently and he knows Blaine is getting more curious. Still, Kurt refuses to tell. One day he will, but for now his husband can keep guessing.

I love his speeches

*

The curtains flutter softly as the breeze drifts through the slightly ajar window. Kurt looks out of it, waiting for a silver car to pull into the driveway. He should be working on the design he's been stuck on for days but the anticipation of seeing his daughter after her first day of elementary school has him too excited.

His phone pings and he finds a text from his one and only. It's a picture of Blaine and their daughter both sporting impressive toothy grins from when he picked her up at the front of the school. The image inspires him to grab a small piece of paper from his desk where his sketchbook is still sitting untouched.

I love how he's always happy, and spreading happiness to everyone

*

Their move into a retirement home is considerably uneventful. There's only one thing Kurt absolutely insists he has to take along. While his husband is refusing to leave without the bow tie Kurt gave him one Christmas, Kurt himself is taking along his Blaine Jar, as he calls it.

When Blaine finally asks him what the jar contains, after all these years, Kurt answer him.

Blaine insists they add a final piece of paper and leave it on the nightstand in their room to keep as a memory, a memory Blaine was unknowingly a part of for such a long time. Blaine also renames the jar the Klaine Jar and Kurt can't help but laugh at the silliness of it all. Their final written words are lost within the others and it would be hard to find, but they wouldn't want to. They know it's there and that's all they need.

We love each other