Only A Memory Now

The way Blaine just casually reaches out and places a hand on his shoulder sends a wave of warming chills up and down his arm, an involuntary reaction that can be described only as a sign of how much love he really feels for the other boy.

The way Blaine's eyes seem to shine under the soft glow of the chandelier shows off all that makes him him, the kindness and compassion, the talent and determination.

Kurt could go on forever, he knows. The only thing that's stopping him is Blaine's soft, smooth voice interrupting his thoughts and snapping him back to their reality. Blaine is smiling at him but his mouth is quirked up slightly on one side, out of confusion or interest Kurt doesn't know.

He decides it must be confusion and looks straight at Blaine, smiling back. He gasps as he sees that Blaine isn't actually wearing a navy and red blazer, but a simple blue polo and dazzling smile.

"Where were you just then?" Blaine asks him.

Kurt stares for a second, and then makes the connection. He was daydreaming that the two were at Dalton, back in The Crush Days. "A time when I couldn't have you," he responds without thinking.

Blaine is definitely showing confusion now but his smile is still there. He chuckles softly, "I was always yours, even when we didn't know it."

"Sap," Kurt laughs and leans across the table to kiss Blaine, ignoring the public environment.

✴️
And that... marks the end of my Klaine writing days.

Jk. It may. It may not. I have not a clue. This book is now marked as completed. 34 chapters is more than enough for a one-shot book anyway (in my terms anyway). If I ever decide to write more Klaine it will certainly come in here, but I am no longer accepting requests of any kind. If you've noticed, I have unpublished or deleted most of my books and this time I don't regret it. If I ever finish any of them, they'll get republished.

I'm not interested in writing Klaine at the moment and I'm trying to distance myself from Crisscolfer, which leaves me with not much to write but poetry. The only thing I'm interested in writing rn is my new OTP and nobody will read that, I'm sure.

So enjoy this A/N that's as long as the writing itself.

(Who likes my new pfp?! And background?! And theme?! I'm actually in love

I'm never saying goodbye to this book and I'm never saying goodbye to you wonderful readers.