Fluff, Shopping, And Divas

I've had this one in mind basically since I finished watching Glee. And since someone hates me for my typical topics to write about, here's some fluff.

>.<

"Daddy, I don't get why we have to go shopping now."

"You want to look good for the start of school, don't you, honey?" Kurt asks in return, holding onto Blaine's hand.

"Yeah but why do we have to go now? School starts in, like, two months."

"It's better to get it done now, sweetie."

"Fine," Tracy walks a little ahead of her fathers, causing them to speed up. She stops beside a rack of schoolbags. "Can I have this one?" she points to a pink, somewhat sparkly one that's fit for a princess.

"Do you even need a new one?" Blaine asks.

"Of course I do!" Tracy fires back. "You said we have to go shopping so here I am shopping."

"I never said that, Daddy did." Kurt glares at his husband but keeps holding his hand, occasionally rubbing against one or both of their wedding rings (the amount of times he does it on purpose far outweighs the accidental times).

"Fine, get the backpack," Kurt says. Tracy squeals happily and takes it off the rack, hugging it to her chest. It makes Kurt brighten up to see how happy she is. "What else do you need?"

"Highlighters," she says right away.

"You're going into second grade. What do you need highlighters for?"

"Highlighting stuff."

Blaine whispers to his husband, "Only eight and she's already a smartass. Were you this bad when you were eight?"

"I don't think so," Kurt replies with a laugh.

*

"Are you sure you have everything?" Kurt asks for the nth time that day.

"Kurt, leave her alone. If she forgot something we can come back and get it later. You're the one who said we have to go two months early anyway," Blaine tells his husband.

"Can we go home now?" Tracy asks. She's holding a bag of things, despite her fathers' offers to carry it for her (she's a big girl now).

"Yeah, honey. Mercedes is visiting today."

"She is?" Tracy gasps. "Then what are we waiting for, we have to go home."

"She'll be here in about an hour. We have time."

"Awe. Can we sing for her when she comes?"

"Of course, don't we always?" Blaine asks. Tracy grins toothily and all but pulls her parents to where they've parked their car in the excitement of Mercedes coming over (Rachel and Mercedes have had this thing going on for years about which one is Tracy's favourite but she claims that they both are). When they reach the car Kurt holds her things as she steps into the car and watches her buckle herself in even though she's well able to do it now. Blaine's already in the driver's seat and looking at the mirror to his two favourite people in the whole world.

Kurt gets into his side of the car and Blaine won't stop grinning. "What is it?"

"I love you, both of you," Blaine responds simply.

"We love you too, silly."

"We do," Tracy yells out from the backseat.

And Blaine thought his grin couldn't get any wider.

*

"MERCEDES, YOU'RE HERE YOU'RE FINALLY HERE!" Tracy runs up to hug her right away and Mercedes lifts her up in the air and spins her around a little.

"How's my little princess?"

"Great," Tracy smiles.

"It looks like she loves you more than us combined." Kurt is a little slower in getting to his best friend but he's greeted with a kiss on the cheek and a one-armed hug.

"Don't be stupid, Boo. I'm just the diva who comes around several times a year with presents."

Kurt smiles, "Exactly. You're like her second grandmother."

"Speaking of: how are Burt and Carole?"

"They're great, last I heard."

"And Rachel?"

"Have you not talked to her?"

"Not recently. I mean, of course over Skype but not in person because I came straight here."

Blaine enters the room, "Mercedes! I thought I heard someone. It's so good to see you again. How's LA?" He's also greeted with a kiss and takes Tracy from the woman and sets her on the chair by the door. She climbs down and hugs the black woman around the legs.

"Everything's awesome, I'm working on my next album, and I'm seeing two of my best friends."

"We are awesome, aren't we?" Kurt says.

"You are," Tracy says in reply.

"Thank you, sweetie," he laughs.

Mercedes mouths an "I told you so" to him with a fond smile.

Blaine breaks the comfortable silence first, "Come into the living room. Tracy prepared a little something for you."