As If In Every Lifetime...

AU MEETINGS. I LOVE THESE. I'm not sure I'll be able to do them justice, but I've wanted this for a while now.

>.<

1.

- medieval-ish AU (I have no idea how things worked back then (I actually didn't learn about it last year because I moved up before we could))

- prequel to My Beloved Knight, coming out soon :-)

- okay, it's barely a prequel. The chap might make more sense without this but I wanted this so shut up and read

The days in which Blaine finds himself taking walks outside the manor are typically the days that Rachel is being overly obnoxious. Sure, he loves his wife as he loves a best friend, but recently it's been getting harder and harder.

Most of it doesn't even have to do with her being overly obnoxious.

He kids himself into thinking it is, subconsciously blaming her for the dying flame that was once their relationship. Although if he were to step back, he would see that it's basically his fault. His fault for making excuses of spending more time away and "supervising the servants" more than he usually would, his fault for so many things he has neither the will nor the energy to name right now.

So instead of doing so, he continues aimlessly moving around until he walks into a tree. Typical.

It hurts.

It really hurts, actually. The bark is hard and it has to have left a scratch on his face. He sits down and takes his head in his hands, rubbing his temples and just hoping it would make the pain go away.

Minutes of temple rubbing (did it even help? Pain is so hard to understand and cures are even more so) later, he feels fine. Fine enough to stand up, at least. Because as soon as he looks up he sees stars.

Well, that's only half-true. He sees one star: a man with a complexion as light as the winter snow and eyes as shiny-bright as the lake under the morning sun. He's holding a knight's helmet in one hand and the reins of a horse in another.

"Are you alright, my lord?" the man approaches Blaine.

"Yes, indeed I am," he replies, "I merely ran into a tree. It's, no big deal."

"Does it not hurt?"

Lord Anderson smiles, "Not anymore. Who are you, might I enquire?"

"Knight Hummel, at your service."

2.

"Class, please welcome Blaine Anderson. He moved here from Italy and isn't entirely fluent in English, so please, make him feel accepted and loved amongst the school and neighbourhood," the high school teacher calls out, a timid boy standing at her side. "Why don't you go sit beside Kurt?"

He nods and moves to sit down at the aforementioned teenager's desk but quickly realises the teacher didn't actually tell him who Kurt was. He looks around, embarrassed.

"Over here" comes a sort of whisper from the middle of the room.

He turns to face the call and almost trips over his feet when he sees Kurt (not because he's absolutely gorgeous, not at all). Ignoring his further embarrassment, Blaine shuffles towards the empty desk next to Kurt and sits down, nodding to him in a gesture of thanks.