Balsam: "Things are moving quickly, but when there's a search for the bodies, it's likely to draw a lot of attention, a lot of spectators. So, we're going to try our best to do it without Joe on scene." 

Balsam added that he spoke to the "cadaver dog handlers". They didn't think a 15 foot deep burial would be any problem for the dogs (15 feet is the maximum depth Joe's backhoe could dig a grave). The dogs have found bodies buried at 70 feet. He said he's been on cases where a dog alerted to a car trunk that held a bloodless corpse for only one hour. He was at another scene where a dog found nothing in the subject car trunk, but as it roamed around the lot, the dog alerted on a car that turned out to have had a corpse in it five years earlier.

The handlers also say that if the body, or bodies, have been buried two years, the dogs will have an easier time finding the remains than if it was a fresh burial. They can also do drillings to help the dogs. Balsam is very confident that if there are bodies, the cadaver dogs will find them. 

Balsam has to work out getting permission to go on the land, but he expects to be there in two weeks or sooner.

I asked, "What about Darren? What if the bad guys get there first or have already been there?" He said, "We have taken special precautions."

I told Balsam that even if they don't want Joe on scene, I want to be there. I told him twice. The first time he tried to scare me off by saying, "You want to be a witness?" But the second time he said, "I'll keep that in mind." He sounded genuine, so I figure I've got a shot, but with all the rules and procedures, it's thin.

Bottom line: The bad guys know too much, and there is going to be a dig for bodies.

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Jack

We received the pre-sentencing report on Jason's ax case. 

We've got a shot.

Friday, May 13, 2016

Jack

So much going on. 

Will try to update, but it's Friday, 7AM. At another crime scene.

Then witnesses all day.

Family all night. 

How about you? You good? 

Here's another crush, Miko by The Chain Gang of 1974:

Ceci

meh..

So much here too. 

Deadlines, lots of work, long hours. Family. Trying to keep up and make some money.

Jack

$$ is good.

Waiting on Friday pizza. Having a Friday beer.

I don't even know where to start. 

How about this? Jason, who threatened to chop his friend's head off with an ax, may share a history with the buried hookers.

Jason's mother was a heroin addict who paid for her habit with prostitution. His father spent most of his life in prison, once for trying to kill Jason's mother by chasing her down the street with a knife. He almost caught her and killed her on the road because she was slowed down by the weight of carrying Jason who was only 9 months old.

Another time, while Dad was in prison, he heard that young Jason was being abused by mom and her biker pimps. Dad escaped from prison for the sole purpose of killing his wife and bikers. He confessed everything to police after he was captured five miles from Jason's home.

By the time Jason reached the age of five, he was being regularly abused by bikers and mom's sex clients. In a business transaction he was too young to understand, Jason was kidnapped and held for almost a year before he was returned to his mother. 

There is more and worse, but given the prostitution, drugs, bikers, and location, there is a good chance Jason and his mother were victims of the Blue Steel Kings. His mother and father are both dead, killed young by by a diet of drugs and violence. Only Jason is still standing and DA Kelly Thatcher told me this afternoon that she will be demanding he be sent to prison.

Pizza ready. Beer finished. Catch you later.

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Jack

Ruby is coming home tomorrow! 

I spent the day washing and cleaning. 

Now at a client's wedding. Last year we had a Black Lives Matter protest. Police moved in on the protesters. The protesters were made up of white college kids. There was one black kid protesting. Police arrested the black kid, no one else. The case came to me. Everything worked out well. The kid is free and doing fine. During that case, I met many of the young activists in the area. Two of the activists got sweet on each other and got engaged. A couple months back they were stopped by police....

Hold on ceremony is starting...shhhh!

Happy couple

Happy couple. Catholic priest.  Drum circle. Buddhist monk. Wedding ceremony on a cliff overlooking Boulder.

Ceci

I remember you telling me about that guy. I think this is a sweet story.

Jack

Hors d'oeuvres and champagne!!

I love hors d'oeuvres and champagne and I love that my voice identification program can spell hors d'oeuvres because I cannot spell hors d'oeuvres.

There were two groomsmen. You know one.

Champagne!

He's giving the toast.

Hint: Leader of Occupy Wall Street.

Unlimited bubbles.

I love bubbles.

Bubbles more...

Revolutionaries can party, Dude!

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Ceci

What a beautiful setting, sounds like a party!

[⭐Vote⭐ for way too much champagne!] 

Photo 1: Cowboy Gun by Clker-Free-VectorImages, 2012 (Pixabay # 33898).

Photo 2: Taken and owned by authors, 2016.