Does It Scare You?

They closed the zoo so we were the only ones there we walked through the gates and everyone split up “Let’s all meet back up at the Polar bear exhibit in 1 hour.” Justin said “Do you guys want to come with us or go by yourselves?” I asked my mom “Umm... We’ll go alone give you two some alone time.” She said I giggled “Okay.” I said Justin grabbed my hand and we walked away.

“They’re so cute.” I heard my Mamaw say I giggled “What?” Justin asked “my Mamaw just whispered they’re so cute.” I said “Well can you blame her we are pretty cute.” He said “I’ve missed you.” I said laying my head on his shoulder “I’ve missed you too It’s been 3 weeks until last night anyway.” He said “I know it’s been terrible I can’t wait to wake up to you every single morning and sleep with you every single night.” I said “Me too baby.” He said

“Aaliyah?” He asked “Yeah?” I asked looking at him “Does it kind of scare you to give up your dream?” He said “What do you mean?” I questioned. “I’ve just been thinking a lot you are giving up your whole career your dream that you’ve worked so hard for and you’re giving it all up for me….” He said “What made you think about this?” I asked “I don’t know I just don’t know if I could do that and Aaliyah I don’t think I’m not worth it” He said

I stopped walking “What?”I asked “Let’s sit down.” He said walking me over to a bench. We sat down “Why don’t you think you’re worth it? I knew this was too good to be true Justin if you truly don’t love me tell me now so I don’t screw up my whole career.” I said

“Aaliyah that’s not what I’m saying at all I was sitting down thinking about our future and how I want to spend the rest of my life with you and then I thought say the situation were reversed could I give up my whole career for someone and I don’t think I could and that’s why I’m not worth it I couldn’t do it even for you.” He said “Justin that doesn’t matter to me you don’t have to give up anything. I think you’re worth it or I wouldn’t have even considered leaving playboy. You are the best thing to ever happen in my life." I said we sat in silence for a couple minutes.

“What even made you reconsider everything?” I asked “After I talked to you grandpa last night I’ve just been thinking.” He said “What did he say?” I asked Justin took in a big breath “He said how much you meant to him and that if I hurt you he will hunt me down. He said he could tell how much you love me by the look in your eye and that I’m the only boy you’ve ever looked at like that. He also made me promise to take care of you after he is gone. Aaliyah I promised him I would. The last thing on this earth I want to do is hurt you, you mean the world to me and he loves you so much or he wouldn’t have talked to me. He is sick and I know you’ll be devastated if something happens to him I promised him I’d be here for you but we both know I can’t always be here the dream I’ve chosen doesn’t give me much flexibility. But I promise you to do everything I can to make sure you’re taken care of.” He said I began to cry

“Justin I love you!” I said throwing my arms around his neck “I love you too and I’m so glad you think I’m worth it. I’m going to give you everything Aaliyah I promise!” He said grabbing the back of my head and pulling me in to kiss him. He pulled away “come with me.” He whispered I nodded and followed him as he led me to a building. “What is this?” I asked “close your eyes.” He said I smiled and closed my eyes I hear the door open and Justin puts his hand on my waist to guide me.

We took a few steps and then Justin said “Open your eyes.” I did and saw a little baby leopard drinking from a bottle that a girl was holding. I gasped “Oh my gosh it’s so cute!” I said looking at Justin He smiled “come on.” He said grabbing my hand and led me over to the baby cat.

Justin reaches his hand out and rubs its head “Pet it.” He said chuckling I smile and reach my hand down “Hi buddy.” I said petting under its chin. “You can hold him” the worker said picking him up and handing him to Justin “Take my picture.”Justin said I giggled and took his phone taking a few pictures of him holding it. “Here” He said handing it to me I kissed its head and talked to it. “Well we better go meet the others.” Justin said “Aww do we have to leave him?” I asked giving Justin a pouty face “Yeah babe maybe we’ll get one for the house.” He said laughing “Yeah right.” I said sitting the leopard back into its bed.

We headed to meet everyone at the polar bear exhibit and Justin asked “So are you staying with me tonight?” “Yeah sure I want to go to the hospital first and visit papaw then I’ll meet you at the hotel.” I said “Okay babe.” He said wrapping his arm around my waist.

We arrived at the exhibit and no one was there yet we sat on the bench. Justin pulled me onto his lap “Gosh, I’ve missed you babe” He said leaning in to kiss me. Then we heard someone clear their throat we turned to see Jon and some other dancers. “Sorry guys.”He said “its fine.” Justin said picking me up and sitting me beside him. It wasn’t long before everyone else had joined us.

We watched at the Polar bear swam over our heads everyone got pictures by the bear and with each other. “Hey Jb, we better get back to the hotel.” Jon said “Alright man.” Justin said “I have to go babe.” He said “Okay see you in a couple hours.”I said “Okay.” He hugged me “I love you.” He said in my ear “I love you too.” I said hugging him tighter. He walked over and said goodbye to my mom, Mamaw, and sister saying he’d see them again soon. Then they got on the bus and drove away and we headed back to the hospital.