Luke Hemmings

Luke Hemmings

you lucky duck you-

oh my gosh, you have no idea how many people wish that they were you,

including me!

but luke only has eyes for you 

anywho, here's your story:

        I was never one to go to big parties, I always felt awkward there like I didn't belong. But this was my best friends birthday party so I made an exception. I could feel the music pulsing through my body as teenagers everywhere were jumping and screaming along with the music. I began walking around like a lost puppy trying to find my friend to wish her a happy birthday which was nearly impossible with everyone pushing and shoving me around.

        Finally I spotted her talking to a guy who was probably twice my height. I began making my way over to her as she turned around and waved to me. I waved back finally able to reach her. 

        "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" I shouted over the booming music.

        "Thank you!" She replied giving me a tight hug. "______(y/n), I'd like to introduce you to Luke. Him and I use to be best friends before I moved here 5 years ago." 

        He smiles shyly at me as we awkwardly hug.

        "We're out of punch!" A girl I recognized came up to us said. My friend excused herself from us leaving Luke and I standing alone.

        "So do you go to many parties?" He asked.

        I laughed as though he was telling a joke before shaking my head no. "How about you?"

        He shrugged and smiled, "Not really my favourite place to be..." He looked at me before taking hold of my hand and lightly tugging me. "Come on lets get out of here." 

        I smiled and agreed as we made our way out of the hectic house and to the street. We walked in a peaceful silence for a while until I realized we were still holding hands. I looked at Luke and then at our intertwined hands. He must had noticed me doing that as I felt him shake me off and giving me an apologetic smile when in truth, I didn't mind having my hand being held by his. 

        "So how did you meet Georgia?" He asked me about my best friend and I shrugged.

        "We had first period together and truth be told I'm not all too popular so I had no one sitting beside me in that class but neither did Christy Elliot who's like the Queen of our school and for some reason she picked me instead of her."

        "Georgia always had a thing for shy kids." He smiled.

        As we continued to talk I got to know more about him like how he know plays in a band called 5 Seconds of Summer and how he was able to come tonight because he was on tour with his band mates and it was their day off. 

        "Is it hard being away from friends and family for so long when you're on tour?"

        "It is," He told me. "But this is my dream and I wouldn't give it up for the world."

        The conversation died down when I noticed we walked all the way to my house. I didn't know how we managed to do it but somehow we did. "This is my house," I told him. "And we've been walking for over an hour."

        He understood where this was going and nodded.

        I turned but he reached out for me, "_______(y/n)."

        "Yes-" But before I could finish the sentence I felt his lips on mine. If this was a normal situation I would never kiss someone who I just met but I felt as though him kissing me was right. As we pulled a part I saw the worry in his eyes but it vanished when I smiled as he blushed.

        "I'm sorry, I don't know what took over me." He told me shyly.

        I took his face and cupped it in my hands before giving him one last peck on the lips. "Goodnight Luke."

        "Goodnight ______."