Chapter 1: upside down

In the classroom normal Monday morning...

   "Excuse me, is Hannah Brown in here?" the school secretary asked as she popped here head through the door. Everyone's eyes came to rest on my face which has started to turn a very dark shade of red. I hate being the center of attention, I'm quite shy until you get to know me.

"Here miss" I answered awkwardly tripping over my words.

"The headmaster would like to speak with you immediately" I started to get out of my seat, my hands already turning clammy as I started to walk towards the door. I could feel everyone's eyes resting on my back.

    As I followed the secretary down the corridor, she kept glancing at me sideways, shooting awkward smiles at me while trying to catch my eye. I looked down as she began to reassure me that I had nothing to worry about and the school would always support me what ever I choose. Huh? what is she talking about? support me with what? I began to ignore her stream of constant and confusing chatter until she startled me by grabbing my arm and squeezing my hand.I jumped as I realised that we were now stood outside the headmaster office. Oh god, she was pushing me towards the door. I swallowed as I reached for the door handle not knowing weather to knock or just go in. Seeing my look of uncertainty she pushed the door open and pushed me into the room were all eyes turned to meet mine. Oh god.

   My Hicks was the first to move he came right up to me to shake my hand. I was taken by surprise by this friendly gesture as he has a reputation as being an asshole around school. As he dropped my hand I saw him discreetly wipe is hands on his trousers.Oh crap my hands are still clammy and sweaty. This only caused me to blush further as I sank low into my overly comfy chair. I looked around the room. Mr Gee the buissness manager, my head of year Mr Todner and a woman I couldn't quite place she seemed familiar but I don't think I have seen her around school before. She was watching me, almost eating me up with her eyes. This is a little creepy I thought to myself. as an akward silence descended upon the room.

   Nobody spoke until Mr Hicks cleared his throat. "Hannah, I have some terrible news for you" Oh god I could hear him  talking but I didn't understand what he was saying. What news? Where was my family? Oh shit what if its about my family? I bit my lip, causing myself to flinch and be hurtled back into reality. I was sat in the headmaster's office being told that my family were all dead.

The voices around me grew quieter and quieter until all i could see where their mouths moving. They were talking to me, about things i needed to know but all i could think about, see where the faces of my family. The time when me and my brother locked our parents out of our old house all night and they slept in the barn, the first time i held my baby brother, the time i fainted when my mum was having my baby sister because of the blood the first time i got on my new pony, my first bike ride. the familiarity never to be felt again.

 "Hannah,Hannah?" I was shook out of my thoughts by a nagging voice that could only belong to Mr Gee.

"WHAT?" I yelled. Mr Gee shrank back into his seat. Surprised by my outburst.

"Anne here is going to take you back to your house and stay with you for a few days while paperwork get's sorted out."

"But, but I don't even know who she is can't I stay with my friends?" Whoa too fast I don't even know this woman dude.

"WHAT?! I DON'T EVEN KNOW THIS PERSON!" Everyone in the room looked around in surprise.

 " Hannah please can you wait outside for a few moments, we need to discuss something. It will only take a few minutes" Mr Hicks said as he ushered me out of the room before I could open my mouth to say another word. How rude. First tell me my whole family is dead. Ohh God, I think I'm going to be sick. As soon as the door shut behind me I sprinted for the nearest bathroom, only to find it had been locked as year 11's had been smoking. again. Ughh I ran towards the library loo's which were luckily empty and ran into the first cubicle. Ughhh I hate being sick. I through up again. I sat there until I herd the ear piercing bell ring out signaling the start of break.

  As I unlocked the door, I herd the familiar voices of my best mates time to face the music I thought to myself as I casually walked towards the sinks.

"Han! what happened in maths? you just walked out, why didn't you come back? We phoned you! we were worried! What did Hickey want??"My friends bombarded me with questions as I began to wash my mouth out.

"Guys I don't want to talk about it now" I managed to choke out before I ran from the bathroom. Leaving my friends shocked and hurt.

 I ran down the corridor, knocking into a few of my classmates who gave me confused looks before returning to their conversations. As I reached the receptionist area outside the headmaster office I slowed to look at the familiar faces of me and my classmates lining the wall's. I remember the day those were taken we all hated it! especially Janice who had bunked off  school to get her hair cut only to return to school with it so straight it looked greasy and wet. She was mortified and refused to take the picture home for her parents to see.

 I wonder if I will be aloud to stay at this school with my friends, the only family I have left.

where will I live?

Who will I live with?

sooo what do ya think so far?? I know it hasn't got 1D in it yet but you will have to wait :D vote, comment and tell me what you think so far  : )) xxx