Chapter 39

Teddy Rossum

I knew that having somewhere to stay and quickly was going to be a long shot. The fat sherriff and his squad car took us to the station on the edge of town. I honestly had absolutely no idea about where we were, as I had let my eyelids drop as my head was leant against the glass.

He tapped me on the shoulder once we had come to a stop.

The station was only a small building, but it was surrounded with wire fences and barbed wire. So it wasn't like home. I didn't know what was going to happen... All of a sudden I wished that I was back in my Dad's car garage back in Phoenix - back in the comfort of my home, even if us greasemonkeys are so dysfunctional.

The sliding doors opened lazily, stopping half way. The space was just wide enough for one person to fit through. The Sherriff mumbled under his breath and decided to give the doors a push, forcing them back to the right place. He then held is arm out, letting us go in first.

How polite.

Tasha walked by my side, crossing the threshold when I did. The air con washed over us quickly, making us even colder than we already were. I think that made her scared as she grabbed my hand held it tightly for a few minutes whie we waited.

I was used to police questioning and it was over and done in an hour or so. Before they took us into the interview rooms thouh, the woman at the front desk asked how we knew eachother. I was just about to open my when Tasha said I was her boyfriend...

Right?

But who was I to argue? Maybe Dylan was out of the picture, and that was why she was so incredibly glad to see me.