Chapter 18*

Tasha Castro

I stayed there for about two weeks after Teddy left. I couldn’t bring myself to do anything: I was a human being without a purpose.

The tears ran out as I began to sober up from my emotions.

I thought that staying in the same place would mean that I could become more settled – maybe my life would even be less hectic.

Maybe, if they hadn’t found me by now then they might’ve just given up. You never know. What does a girl like me mean to a body of people like them. Exactly – nothing.

What am was I worrying about?

I knew that I had my cell if it got real bad. And I could go to the little shop downstairs and live on microwave meals and sandwiches for as long as I needed to… and then I coul go somewhere else and stay there for however long.

Every so often, I peeled my eyes away from crappy daytime TV and cautiously walked onto the thick carpet, feeling increasingly vulnerable as I now had no one to keep me company. Although, his purpose here was not solely to keep me company: if things got nasty, he would be the one that I would rely on.

Staring out of the low-level window, the absence of the bright yellow taxi in the car lot mirrored the absence in my heart that I had only just realised existed. I had always been old fashioned in terms of love.

Never before have I sought after someone else when I am committed to a relationship. Now I’m not so sure that I am the same person.

I think I love them both.

They are both in different worlds, whilst I am commuting between the two, to catching a glimpse of both of them as much as I can.