{6}Landon Gives Up {Almost}

Mulai dari awal

I called Winfrey to my home as soon as he got up- howling for me to meet me in the woods.

"I can't do this." I started, feeling upset and disgusted with myself for even agreeing to this deal.

"Do what?" Winfrey asked, looking like he knew exactly what I was talking about.

"The bet. I can't go through with it." I sighed, dropping onto a fallen tree and putting my head in my hands.

"Why not?" He questioned, his expression irking me.

"Because even though I don't want her as my mate doesn't mean I want to hurt her. That's just cruel man." I explained, looking up at Winfrey. The look on his face was a knowing one, and it rubbed me the wrong way.

"I knew you wouldn't go through with it." He laughed, sitting down next to me and staring at a squirrel with a hungry look.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I growled, frowning at his general direction but staring at the squirrel as well. The furry mammal stared at me with his beady eyes, but the only thing I saw was his throbbing neck vein.

"Well, you obviously aren't going to be able to stay this close to her and not fall for the mate pull." He clarified, and once again his answer annoyed me.

"Oh really?"

"Yeah."

"It's not true."

"You know it is Landon."

"Alpha Landon." I growled.

"Whatever." He rolled his eyes.

"Say it's not true."

"Stop being such a child."

"I'm not, take it back."

"What are we, two."

"DO IT!"

"I won't."

"Why not?"

"Because it is."

"Liar."

"Prove it's not true then."

"How?"

"Take the bet."

"Fine!" I growled, shifting in mid air and landing on the furry creature with my paws stretched out.

xxx

Why did I say I would take the bet?

Stupid pride, stupid arrogance, stupid Landon.

I munched on my lunch, licking my paws clean. Rest in peace little squirrel. I ran home and bathed after shifting back, not really caring that I was as naked as the day I was born. My parents were used to this by now.

After getting dressed and deciding to take a nap on the couch, I slumped down on the living room couch and shut my eyes.

Not three minutes later, my dad was walking through the front door. I heard him talking to someone but it was coming from the phone in his hand. I hate phones, they always give me an annoying ring in my ears.

"Yes, dinner with my beta, theta, and their families." He answered tiredly. I sat up at this, all the blood rushing to my head. Ouch.

"Uhuh, talk to you later." Dad ended the call, throwing it and his car keys on the table.

"Will the Theta's daughter be there?" I asked curiously, hoping this would be a chance to get closer to her for this stupid bet.

"You know Bella is Reed's daughter?" My dad asked surprise, like it was such a secretive thing.

"Yes and I would like her to be there." I respond, nodding my head at him and yawning.

"Did that girl tell you of her ranking? I thought it was agreed she wouldn't inherit it." His dad grumbled. I was immediately protective of her, growing annoyed by his tone,

"No she didn't tell me for you information. And I'd appreciate it if you didn't talk about her like that when you don't even know her. She's not an object." I snapped, narrowing my gaze at him in annoyance. He was taken aback by my sudden hostility, but the alpha wolf within him demanded submission.

"Watch your tone, pup. You're not quite an alpha yet." He growled, looking at me with never yielding and angry eyes. I rolled my eyes an showed my neck as a sign of submission.

"Just make sure she's there." I growled and stormed out. I shifted into my large sandy colored wolf and followed the path I'd been taking since last week.

Arriving outside of her window, I watched as she sat beside the window. Our eyes met and I sucked in a breath- she didn't even know I was there. I could see tear stains on her cheeks and a sad look in her blank eyes.

This was going to be more difficult then I thought.

zxzxzxzxzxzxzxzxzxzxzxzxx

Heeeyyy guysss! Sorry it's a little shorter than usual. Hehe, my bad. I wanted to continue my successful streak of posting every day. I won't be able to update every day but I can still try to do it pretty often. Thank you kind sirs!!

AnY tHoUgHtS oF tHe ChApTeR??

Please do vote and commenttttt!!!!

ALLLLLSSSOOOOO

Pretty, pretty, pretty please go and check out my sisters book on Wattpad. I'll post the synopsis below and if you'd please take a look. {P.S it's teen fiction and the plot is great. I made the cover.}

You will be my favorite people if you'd go and look at it and maybe vote|comment!!

Dylan Sanders is far from perfect. She always seems to find herself in messes due to her clumsy nature, and her awkward personality keeps her from making friends with anyone outside of her small friend group. She hates attention, but always seems to end up smack in the middle of it.

Noah Jensen is a prodigy. His only goal in life is academic perfection, and he will do anything to get there- even if it means pushing away possible distractions, including people. This way of thinking has made him into a known lone wolf, turning a cold shoulder to anyone who gets in his way.

That is until a certain girls quirkiness brings them to meeting in an odd way.

They say opposites attract- let's test that theory.

From the wattpad author @luminescentstar ....

comes Conflicting Attraction.

Cover by muah. Thanks frieeennddsss!!