{22}A Talk with the Doctor

Landon Parker

I swear Bella's wolf was looking straight into my eyes. Her wolf was much larger than I would have given it credit for, with a form consisting of mainly black fur. Only higher level wolves were born with any black fur- and Bella definitely was of theta blood. Her eyes were an amber color- and I knew her wolf was pushing through. Her eye brows were gray, and thick brown splotches were visible all throughout her fur. Although she was a large wolf, Bella was still considered small enough to be feminine.

Bella sprang to life- yipping happily around my heels. I chuckled and struggled to follow her quick movements. She jumped up and brought a paw to her eye, before quickly bringing it back down. I frowned in confusion at the motion. He eyes rolled into the back of her head.

"Landon, I thunk she can see!" Ben hissed in excitement, eyes round with wonder. Bella snapped her head to him and nodded gleefully; making my heart skip a beat in hope and joy.

I quickly grabbed her head and forced Bella to look me in my eyes. She stopped and muzzled me, questioning my actions.

"Look me in the eye and tell me if you sense the mate bond,"

There was a long moment of prolonged silence before Bella gave her answer. A slow jerky shake of the head that was so slow I almost didn't feel it. Bella whimpered and looked down, suddenly I realised she could feel the mate bond as well as the rejection. The words that came out of mg my mouth next is something I didn't think twice about.

"I, Alpha Landon Parker, take you, Bella Jones as my mate and Luna."

Instantly a blue ribbon burst from the air, encircling our bodies and intertwining our souls. A small tattoo seared itself on my wrist, Bella's name in simple cursive lettering. The energy wrapped around us a few more times before bursting in the air, a pulse shooting through the room so powerful I almost fell over. The pack now knew I had found my alpha female. I could feel my fathers angry voice ranting in my head, and my mothers congratulations, Gansey's snickers. I blocked all of them out. instead focusing on my now shifting mate in front of me. Bella was back, blinded again. She was as naked as the day she was born, forcing a blush on my neck. I looked up in her now tearful eyes.

"You know it's not just that easy Landon," Bella croaked, making my heart clench.

"I know," I whisper, taling a step closer. My wolf was now conscious of the other male wolf in the room. Even if he was Bella's brother, I still didn't lile him seeing her nakedness. I growled at him lowly and stripped off my long sleeve shirt, pushing it over her arms and trying my best not to look at her nude body.

"You hurt me. After everything I went through, my mate rejects me. The one who was supposed to... Save me from them," Bella is now crying, large tears pooling from her pale blue eyes.

"And I'll regret it until the day I die Bella Jones."

She simply backs away, and I know she needs her time.

"I'll find you when I'm ready to talk to you, Landon Parker," She whispers. With this she's gone, vanishing from the room like she can still see where she's going though I know her eyes aren't healed in human form yet.

Bella Jones

Everything that just went down was coursing through me like a tidal wave. The pain spreads from heart to toes. I could feel Landon's rejection and his acceptance at the same time- it was like an emotion overload. I found my room and simply curled up in a ball. Crying and losing myself in thoughts.

Should I give Landon a chance after what he did?

Does he really regret doing that to me?

Are my emotions just a game to him?

After several hours of this circle of repeated thoughts- I've run our of tears and cares. Life would take me where life wants me. I just needed to trust myself, and the goddess.

A knock on my door and I scramble to awareness.

"Come in," My voice comes out choked to my own ears. I smell Ben just as he enters the room.

"I need to take you to the pack doctor Bella," Ben said softly, grabbing onto my hands. I flinched, not really wanting to but knowing I had to, and nodded. I allowed Ben to drag me though the house until we reached the front door. I smelled the air as an unfamiliar scent hit my nose. My wolfs new protective instincts kicked in as I pushed my baby brother behind me.

"Rogue," I growled, my head snapping furiously back and forth. A whimper sounded through the room, and Ben growled in frustration, stepping around me.

"Not a rogue, this is my mate, six," Ben explained, grabbing her and and gently dragging her towards me. I felt bad for treating her like a rogue, and offered a small genuine smile for her.

The next ten minutes consisted of me getting dressed in clothes my brother provided and heading down yo the pack hospital. Our doctors name was Scott, and I had known him since I was a little girl. He was one of the only people I still trusted after the accident.

Doctor Scott came and led us into a room, where I immediately caught scent of Landon. My heart sunk in my chest and Landon gave a small hello.

"What's he doing here?" I asked, my voice coming out more hostile and cruel than intended. I winced as I heard Landon sink lower down in a chair.

"I can't disobey and Alphas orders," Scott sighed, though I could tell he didn't want Landon here almost as much as I did.

"So, Bella, you have shifted?"

He continues asking questions and muttering under his breathe and I continue answering questions and sighing. Finally, he begins his speech.

"Bella, to be blunt, I don't know how this was possible. It really, really shouldn't be possible. Your wolf shouldn't have to will to heal you or go through another shift. Unless, you've perhaps met your mate recently? I'm assuming it's Landon because only a higher ranked wolf would be able to help you heal that much," Scott explains, speaking his thoughts. I slink lower in my seat at this.

"But that would mean your wolf could possibly heal your eyes, yet she hasn't yet?" Doctor Scott asks, sounding confused. I simply nod and open my mouth to speak before Landon interrupted me.

"I was stupid and regretted to most beautiful girl on the planet as my mate," He sighs, and my icy heart thaws a small amount.

"Well, Bella. You may very well gain the sight of your human form back if you accept Landon as your mate and undergo a corneal transplant."

A/N

Hi. It's late and I'm too tired for an authors note. Enjoy the night and chapter. Goodbye.

Vote
Comment
Fan
Share
Skittles