{6}Landon Gives Up {Almost}

Landon Parker

-Recap-

Suddenly, a twig snapping caught my attention. I stopped and sniffed the air, my blood running cold.

"Rogues."

The harsh whisper should have come from me, but surprisingly it came from the girl on my back. Bella really had a great sense of smell. The rogues were at least a mile and a half away, I was an alpha and it was still pretty difficult to sniff them out.

But, to my surprise she continued.

"Five of them, two females. Smells like ones a Lunar Pack wolf. They're hostile, and headed this way." Bella clarified, turning her ear to the air and giving a little sniff.

That's when I realized Bella Jones was anything but useless.

RECAP OVER

Landon

It took the rogues two minutes to reach us. That was enough time for Bella to lay out our game plan. I was vehemently against it, but she insisted it would work. And I took the bait.

They reached the field, staring at Bella strangely. She'd been right, there were three males and two females. Two of the males were in wolf form and one female was too. They were all average. One smelled like a theta from the Lunar Pack.

Bella was on the ground, groaning softly as she pretended to be knocked out. Her face was pressed to the ground away from them, and she sent me a reassuring wink in my direction. That was my queue to move. A brown and black speckled female made took a step to move forward, but the theta planted himself between them and Bella.

"No, stop. This one has theta blood. If she wakes up and see's you as a threat, you won't be able to take her Polly." He pushed her back a little, sending my brain whirling with the new information.

Bella has theta blood? As far as I knew Katie and Reed Jones only ever had one pup- Ben.

"We'll take her back to camp with us, she may prove useful." He amended, turning to scoop Bella into his arms. While he was distracted, I took out the human girl behind him. I knocked her unconscious and dragged her quietly behind a tree. I then twisted the smaller of the three wolves neck and dropped him swiftly. I continued with my stealth until only two remained. The wolf in human form who was struggling to pick up a fighting and 'drowsy' Bella, and a slightly larger brown wolf then the others I had faced.

He'd finally managed to get her up, and was about to turn around when he froze. The wolf nearest me snapped and snarled, warning the other of my presence. They both took off at a dead spring, but neither were fast enough to beat me even if I was on foot.

I took off after them, eager to secure Bella's safety. I tackled the brown wolf mid stride and sent him sailing into the lake surrounding these woods. Realizing how far ahead the Theta was, I realized that the brown wolf was meant to distract me while the pack wolf slipped away. Cursing myself, I rushed to Bella's rescue- only to find out she wasn't in need of it.

Reaching her hands up, she grabbed onto a tree branch- I don't know how considering she couldn't walk two foot earlier- and slipped from his grasp. He stopped, confused and turned just in time to catch her flying feet right in his mouth.

I helped Bella off the tree and carried her bridal style towards her home. I tried not to stare at her, but I couldn't help my awestruck expression.

I couldn't do this.

xxx

As soon as I made sure Bella got home safety, I crashed out on my couch. Waking up in the morning my back was stiff and I was in a poor mood.