{38} Freedom

Tyler's not dead! Please read the last revised bit of chapter 37 and the authors note at the top. Also, I changed his name to Tyler because I neglected/forgot about the other person in this story named Trey LOL ^^

Bella Jones

The first thing I am aware of is the sound of my heart monitor. It was welcome though, as it seemed to be the first thing I'd heard in a long while. I can't explain what went on, but I felt as though I was awake but not aware of anything around me for the longest time. It was just me and the thoughts inside my head.

After my auditory senses returned, the other senses followed shortly after. Smells of anesthetics and crispy cool air hit my nose, just before my eyes fluttered open. I shut them quickly once again, wincing at the light.  Once I blinked away the light, I slowly became aware of the hunched figure beside me.

A sleeping Landon sat vigilantly at my bedside, his huge frame crumpled into a small plastic chair. A five o'clock shadow covered his face, hinting that he hadn't shaved recently. A black and yellow, sleeveless nylon Nike covered his broad chest, and it was paired with black basketball shorts. I reveled in the emotions for a moment, savoring the sight of another human being. That human being just happened to be my handsome as sin mate. I smiled at our intertwined hands, rubbing my thumb against the back of his calloused and warm hand.

Landon picked that moment to awake, staring at me as if I'd grown a second and third head. It took in only a few seconds to get over his initial shock.

"Bella!" He shouted, making me wince, as he sat up and seated himself on the side of my hospital bed. Landon began checking me for injuries, running his hands over my body as if looking for a wound. His actions elicited a chuckle from me, and I met is wandering hands with my own. Placing my palms on his, I stared straight into his eyes.

"Landon, I'm fine. Everything's fine," I smiled reassuringly, looking deep into his emerald eyes. After a moment they filled with huge tears, and my smile turned upside down.

"What's wrong Landon, I'm okay!" The promise left my lips moments before he completely broke down. Landon's head fell into my lap, and he clutched my hands for dear life. I was completely shocked. Never have seen such a sight, as when Landon fell apart in my arms.

"I'm sorry Love. I'm so sorry. I almost killed you, you almost died! It's my fault. You shouldn't have met me," Landon spoke bitterly through his sobs, and tears pooled onto my hospital blanket. Snapping out of my stupor, I wrapped my weak arms around his body, placing my head on top of his.

"Listen to me, Landon Parker. Not a single part of this was your fault. You didn't cause that maniac to abduct me, you didn't cause him to rape me, and you didn't cause him to show up out of nowhere again. You couldn't stop it before because you didn't know me. You couldn't stop it now either, because you didn't know him. Noone knew this would happen. And for the record, I threw myself in front of that knife not you," The words spilled from my lips, and I fought back a wave of sadness.

"I should have been there for you all those years. I should have talked to you," Landon sighed, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"And I shouldn't have made that damn bet. I should've known better than to assume you were too weak to be Luna. I'll never make that mistake again."

I silently agreed with the luna thing, but I know that if I could turn back time I'd want things to go the exact same way.

"Landon, if you hadn't we wouldn't have truly met each other and fell in love. I'm glad you did it, and what's most important is that you know what you did was wrong," I defended him, pulling his head up and placing my hands on his cheeks. Staring into his eyes, I placed my forehead against his. Closing my eyes, I enjoyed the moment.

"Bells!" Someone shouted, and all of a sudden about a half a dozen people flooded the room. Or, at least Lacey, Trey, Aspen, Ben, and surprisingly my father. 

"You're finally awake baby girl!" My father shouted, leaning down and placing a hand on top of my head. I stared at him in disbelief, and Landon must have sensed my discomfort. A warning growl was sent out, and Landon clutched my hand tighter. My father got the hint and stepped back with a look of regret and guilt.

Everyone else bombarded me on the bed, and Landon got pushed back. Arms were thrown around me and it becomes hard to breathe through all the commotion. But I was happy because I finally had a place. And people to care for me.

Of course, there was still something to deal with.

*

*

*

"Are you ready?" Landon asked me, and I turned to stare into his eyes. I was definitely not ready for this but I didn't dare tell Landon that. It was hard work even convincing him to let me meet with Trey, I wasn't going to ruin that now after two days of pleading.

"Ready," I confirmed, gripping Landon's hand tightly in my own. This was the moment I'd been dreading, but I knew it was a necessity. I needed to know why.

With one big breath, I grasped the door to the cell Tyler was being kept in and pulled it open quickly. Steeling my resolve, I enter through the cell door and come face to face with my nightmare. He sat there, staring at me with apparently no focus in his gaze.

"He's high on wolfsbane right now, he kept screaming and attempting to injure himself so we sedated him," Landon explained, putting an arm around my shoulder for comfort.

I didn't reply, instead staring at the source of my four long years of suffering. I wasn't sure how to act, what to say how to feel. How are you supposed to when confronted with something like this? I wanted to feel angry, I didn't want to cry. But before I knew it, silent tears streamed across my cheeks.

"I just want to know why. Why would you do that to me? What kind of sick twisted mind belongs to a 17-year-old kid that he abducts, rapes, and tortures two innocent girls? And one of them was his mate. I don't understand Tyler," I cry, and by now I swear a glint of recognition flitter behind his irises. I never got an answer, only a slight smirk. A sick, sadistic smirk that made me question if the evil in this world may outweigh the bad.

Finally, the tears stopped, and so did my brain. I'm not sure what came over me at that moment, maybe the hate and anger that had festered inside me over the last few years, but it happened all at once. My hand clenched, and I sprang forward with renewed energy. My claws extended moments before my fist reached his chest. The skin above his heart convexed and my hand clutched his beating heart.

It stopped beating just moments after.

DING DONG THE CREEP IS DEAD. THAT WAS PROBABLY MORE SATISFYING, RIGHT?

EPILOGUE MAY BE OUT LATER TONIGHT OR TOMORROW. ;C

EXCITED?!?!

I AM.