{18}Denial

Just go ahead and vote on this chapter, because you already know it's amazing. ;)

That was a joke I am not that conceited.

I hope.

Landon Parker

I found Winfrey under the hood of a beat of Chevy. He nearly gave himself a concussion when he heard what I had to say.

"You're what?" Winfrey choked, pulling his head out from under the hood.

"I don't want to do this anymore. I'm done." I sighed, leaning against the workbench and passing him some tools he requested.

"You starting to have feelings for your mate?" He asked, making me scowl.

"Just because I don't want to be a douche bag to her doesn't mean I have feelings for her."

"Is that so?" Winfrey snorted.

"Yes it is. Bella has a lot on her plate right now." I said, rolling my eyes at him. He simply shook hai head and chuckled lowly.

"You're so having feelings for her."

I almost choked on my own saliva. I sent him a glare and fished around in my back pack for a water bottle.

"No."

I shook my head to assure him- and maybe myself- that wasn't the case.

"Whatever, dude." He scoffed, slamming the hood down.

"Whatever, dude." I mimicked, following him into the back.

"What are you, four?" He yelled back before slamming the door in my face. I was actually kind of worried about him after the passing of Beta Hex. He'd been locking himself in his bedroom and away from civilisation for way to long. I needed to check on that.

Bella wasn't in school for the rest of the day, but I still checked in with the nurse after school.

"What do you mean she's not here?" I asked, tapping my foot impatiently for an explanation.

"Some boy took her home.. Think his name was Eren or something?" Mrs. Debbie said thoughtfully.

I thought about it for a moment until it clicked. She was talking about Ethan, as in the unmated male Ethan.

I know he had a thing for Bella's cousin. I also knew that I had no business meddling in Bella's love life anymore. But I can't say that the mate bond wasn't making it difficult to swallow.

Maybe I'll just drop by for a moment and check up on her.

Just to see how she's doing. I still needed to get to the bottom of that note anyways.

I threw the door open and started walking toward my car. There were very few people in the whole parking lot. A man with a black cap and a slouch with a teachers I.D was making his way towards the school. He dropped something to the ground - a cigarette- and passed me by, shoulder checking me. I spun around to growl and tell him to watch it- but he was gone.
He'd just vanished like something out of a comic book.