#9 Slinthead [Maze Runner]

-

Minho let out a big, loud sigh of relief as soon as he stepped back into the Glade, and a small smile made its way to his lips when his gaze met the sight of his lovely girlfriend standing right there by the doors, a big smile plastered on her face.

"Well, look who decided to finally come back!" she laughed as she walked toward him, then held up his hand and took a quick glance at his wristwatch. Her smile faltered and soon was replaced with a frown and a serious, almost angry expression. "Five more minutes in there and you would have gotten stuck overnight, you slinthead." She sighed.

Minho shrugged his shoulders. "I still made it back in time, didn't I?" he raised an eyebrow, smirking.

Just then, the loud rumble of the gears turning sounded suddenly and soon the stone doors started to close, slowly. (y/n) hummed quietly and placed her hands on her hips, tapping her foot against the ground softly.

"You are still a slinthead." She remarked, but Minho noticed she couldn't stop the smile from appearing on her lips.

The Runner chuckled lowly as he quickly wrapped his arms around her, before she changed her mind and didn't allow him to hug her. He knew she couldn't be mad at him for too long. And a soft sigh of content escaped his parted lips when he finally felt her hugging him back, her arms sneaking around his lower back while she placed her head underneath his chin and nuzzled her nose against his neck.

"You are going to be the death of me one day." She mumbled, making Minho laugh. "I swear—if you keep coming back this late, one day you'll get yourself stuck out there..."

"I promise you, I will never get stuck in the Maze overnight." Minho stated solemnly, smiling sweetly at her before he kissed her forehead. "I'll always come back to you."

"You better." (y/n) frowned at him. "Slinthead."

"Quit calling me that, missy." Minho laughed and (y/n) rolled her eyes. "I know I'm a slinthead, but there's no need to remind me of that every two minutes."

"Sure, yeah, whatever. Now go shower—you stink." (y/n) softly pushed him away and raised an eyebrow at him.

Minho gasped dramatically and placed a hand on his chest, pulled a fake hurt expression as he shook his head. "How dare you?"

(y/n) rolled her eyes, but couldn't help but to laugh at his dramatic acting. "Slim it, slinthead. And go take that shower." She repeated, poking his nose playfully. "No more hugs from me unless you shower."

Minho gasped again, but this time for real. Before (y/n) could say anything else, he took off running towards the shower hut, and he heard (y/n) laughing in the distance. A big grin tugged at his lips as he heard her laugh, but he took her silly threat very seriously.

There was no way he could go on with his life without (y/n)'s hugs. No way. He needed those hugs—well, he needed her.

Soon he made it to the shower hut, and got inside without a second thought. No one was inside, and Minho grinned to himself—he loved it when it was just him in the showers. He could actually take all the time he needed, and even sing if he wanted without being interrupted. Or laughed at, which was also possible.

He immediately closed the door and stood there, hands on his hips while he rolled his shoulders and sighed softly. After running all day he always felt sore and tired, but a shower could do wonders. He didn't take long to take off his running gear and clothes and threw them somewhere behind him, not really caring where they landed, and hopped into the shower, turning on the water.