#8.2 The girl from the Maze [Maze Runner] [2/3]

-

He went to the door of the Homestead and was about to get inside when someone ran out and collided with his tough figure

"Woah!" he let out a yelp as he took a firm hold of the person, soon realising it was the girl.

She was awake.

"Let me go!" the girl yelled as she tried to get out of Minho's grip.

But Minho was strong, stronger than her for sure, and kept her in place with ease. She stopped squirming after a minute, soon realising that she didn't have a chance and it was fruitless to try to escape. She looked up at him and stared into his brown eyes, her breathing slightly agitated.

Minho could feel she was scared, but also he knew that she was brave and fierce, and would not hesitate to fight and defend herself if needed. He didn't blame her for being scared—he was scared too, when he arrived in the Box.

His grip loosened on her arms as he was just about to speak up, and the girl did notice his grip faltering. Enough for her to try to escape, this time succeeding; She kicked him hard on his leg as she pushed him away from her, making him yell and fall to the ground on his back. She didn't wait a second and quickly ran off.

Minho groaned loudly as he rubbed the spot the girl had hit, was too busy trying to get up on his feet again to pay attention to where she was heading off to. He only heard her fast and light footsteps fading away as she ran, which made him grunt in annoyance.

"Shucking girl..." he muttered under his breath, finally he made it up and stood on his feet. He winced as he still felt a slight hint of pain in his leg, and rubbed again the spot that held the pain.

"You okay there, shank?" he heard the leader ask as he walked out of the Homestead and toward Minho, who still was wincing. "What happened? Do you need Jeff or Clint?"

"I'm fine," Minho grunted and looked around him and at the Glade. "Where did that shuck faced shank go...?"

The leader let out a soft chuckle as he shook his head and patted the Asian boy in the shoulder. "Not good with girl shanks, are we? Minho?" Alby laughed.

Minho just rolled his eyes and groaned loudly. "Slim it, Alby."

"Alright, alright... Come on—I saw her running toward the Lookout," Alby patted Minho's back softly this time. "I knew she was going to try to run away sooner or later, but I never thought she'd find you and kick you first. Way to go."

"Slim it." Minho grumbled.

Alby chuckled again and started to walk toward the Lookout.

Minho sighed heavily and followed him then, his gaze already fixated on the tall tower. He had to admit he was slightly annoyed at the girl for kicking him without waiting for an explanation; but deep inside, he understood her way of acting. She probably felt lost, confused, scared. Angry, maybe.