#2 "I forgive you." [Maze Runner]

Minho waited impatiently at the doors of the Maze for his partner to arrive.

Not only his Runner partner, but also his lover. They had run into the Maze together that morning, separated at some point during the evening. Ever since then Minho didn't know what (y/n) had been doing for the rest of the day.

Again.

It wasn't the first time she did that to him, and he didn't care for as long as she made it back to the Maze. But for that whole week and part of the previous one she had been risking it. A lot. Arriving back at the Glade in the last minute.

One day she even had to squeeze her way through the closing doors.

And Minho was getting tired of it. At first he didn't say anything, because he thought she'd found something new out there, something that might lead them to an exit and that required time to investigate. But she hadn't found anything. She had said that she had just lost track of time those days.

Minho hated to see how careless she was, and hated how obsessed she had become with the Maze ever since he allowed her to become a Runner. She was one of the best Runners so far, true, but that didn't give her the right to risk her life every single day.

If she ever got stuck in the Maze overnight, Minho wouldn't forgive himself.

And there he was again, waiting. Alone, by the doors; arms crossed and narrowed eyebrows, glaring at the corridor up ahead. And (y/n) appeared right at that moment, rounding the corner. She jogged calmly back to the Glade and stood by the doors, right next to Minho.

"Hey," she panted and sighed tiredly. "You are here early."

Minho didn't say anything. He just continued to glare at her, a million thoughts running around his mind. (y/n) looked at him confused as she evened out her breathing, frowning.

"Minho?" she asked, placing a hand softly on his shoulder.

Minho huffed and pushed her hand away, then stormed off towards the Map Room. (y/n) stared at him, mouth wide open in shock and confusion. She ran after him, reaching him just as he entered the Map Room. He walked to the table and continued to drabble on a piece of paper, ignoring (y/n) completely.

She stood at the other side of the table and stayed silent, wondering why Minho was so mad at her ever so suddenly.

"Minho, what's wrong with you?"

Minho snapped his head up and looked at her, the glare still there. "What's wrong with me?" he repeated, his voice low and threatening. "There's nothing wrong with me, (y/n). Something is clearly wrong with you."

"... What?"

"You arrived late again."

"So? I got back in time..."

"YOU'VE BEEN DOING THIS FOR TWO SHUCKING WEEKS ALREADY!"

(y/n) flinched as Minho yelled at her, but remained firm. "I'm just trying to find something out there, Minho!"

"That doesn't mean you have to get back this late!"

"I just lost track of time, I told you!"

"Just lost track of time," Minho repeated quietly, huffing. He dropped his pencil on the table and crossed his arms over his chest, his breathing agitated. "This has to stop."

"Minho, I'll try to come back earlier from now on, but–"

"No. You going out into the Maze. That has to stop," Minho interrupted her.