#1.2 The Blind Girl [Scorch Trials] (movie)

"Thomas, talk to us!"

Minho stood by one of the bunk beds, eyes wide in confusion and shock as he watched Thomas blocking off the door to their dorm, Newt and Frypan trying fruitlessly to make him stop and talk to them. He was mumbling something about the people working there not being who they told them they were, that they had been hiding something from them all the time.

Minho looked to his side then, met Aris' horrified gaze as the blond boy stood there, unable to speak. "Aris, what's going on?" the ex-Runner asked him calmly. Aris blinked a few times, his eyes darting to look around him nervously. "What did you see, Aris? What's going on? What happened out there?"

"I-" the boy started, but was interrupted by Thomas yelling.

"IT'S WICKED." He shouted, finally turning to look at them all, panic written on his face. "It's always been WICKED. They lied to us. We are not safe here."

Minho looked at Newt, then at Frypan, then at Jack, and Winston. Thomas was already by the vent, crouched down and getting inside, urging them all to follow him and Aris. The Asian boy didn't hesitate to follow him through the vents, and was glad that Newt and the others did that as well.

"Here," Thomas suddenly said after five long minutes of crawling around, turning to the right and pushing a vent door wide open. "We can get to Teresa through here, I hope."

"You go and find her, I need to go somewhere else."

Newt and the others suddenly turned to look at Minho confused. "What are you talking about?" the accented boy asked, frowning. "Minho, we have to go!"

"I know, but I ain't leaving without her," he said sternly. "If we are escaping, I have to go get her."

He didn't need to say her name, as all of them boys knew he was referring to the blind girl. After meeting her at the cafeteria the second day they were there, they could see how attached Minho had grown to her, and they didn't question him.

"We'll meet by the exit," he assured them. "I know where it is. I think... Just find Teresa and get to the exit, I promise I'll be there!" Minho quickly said and took off through the hallway, not really giving them the chance to reply back.

He had to get to her before WICKED did. He was sure that the people there had already noticed they were gone from their dorm, and it wouldn't take them long to come out fully armed and looking for them.

Minho didn't want to risk it – he had to be fast. And so he ran through endless corridors until he got to the familiar hallway where her dorm was located. He went into the vent he had used many times by then, and crawled quickly to her room.

As soon as he pulled the vent open and came into the room not quietly at all, he heard her gasping. He looked up in time to see her jolting up from her bed, frantically looking around her, trying to figure out what had woken her up.

"(y/n), it's me!" he quickly said, rushing to her bed and pulling the bed covers off of her.

"Minho?" she gasped, held one of her hands to her chest as she moved the other one around, found his shoulder eventually. And right at that moment, the blaring sound of an alarm echoed all around the facility, making (y/n) gasp loudly again, almost scream. "Minho, what – what is g-going on?" she stuttered.

"Do you trust me?" Minho ignored her question and held her shoulders, looked into her (e/c) eyes covered with that whitish thin layer that made her have no sight at all – almost.

"... Minho-"

"Do you?" he insisted.

He could tell she was scared. She wasn't looking into a certain spot, like she used to do while talking to him; she had closed her eyes tightly instead, her bottom lip was trembling slightly as she tried to blurt out words. Her whole body was trembling from fear.