Chapter Thirty Three: The End

Start from the beginning

"There's nothing I can do." The Doctor said after surveying him. Wilford's breathing was shallow, his head lolled to the side.

Dark was frantically unlocking all of the cell doors to release the others. You got up and helped him, but as you unlocked the last door, the body inside the room was still. There laid The King of the Squirrels, dead.

"Dark!" You screamed, covering your mouth with tears in your eyes. He rushed over to you as fast as he could and gasped when he saw The King.

"Shit." He sighed, you could see the fear present on his face. For the first time in a long time, Dark had no idea what to do. He couldn't stop this, he didn't know how.

"Dark, there has to be something in your book that can help." You cried, grabbing onto his arm tightly. "What about that unbinding spell!" Dark didn't give you an answer as he rushed back to the control room to grab his book. Meanwhile, you checked on the other egos.

Silver was dead, Bim and Ed were on their way out. You ran to Bim's crumpled form; he was curled up in a ball.

"Hey, buddy, stay with me." You rolled him gently onto his back, cradling his head in your hands. "It's going to be okay, I'm here."

"Thank you." He smiled at you, weakly grabbing your arm. His hand fell to his side and you noticed his breathing had stopped. You closed his eyes, realizing he was gone.

"It appears to be the end of the road for us, Jim." Reporter Jim said to camera Jim. The two had made their way into one room. "I'm glad to have had you as a partner. Back to you, Jim." Reporter Jim closed his eyes, as did camera Jim. They were gone.

"Senpai." You heard a weak cry as you left the Jims' bodies. You followed the voice and found Yandere slumped up against a wall. He grinned feebly upon seeing you. You ran over to him and wrapped your arms around him. You ran your fingers through his hair as he held you close.

"I love you, Senpai." He whispered in your ear. You pulled back to hold his face in your hands. You kissed him, he blushed the best he could. You pulled back and you could see the life leave his eyes. A tear ran down your face. Red!

Upon entering the hallway once more, you saw Dark holding his glowing hand over Wilford's chest as he muttered some words. The wound was closing, but the green veins were still present.

"Red!" You cried, seeing that Red was still standing. You gathered him in an embrace and he returned the gesture. "I'm so sorry, Red."

"I'm sorry, as well." His voice sounded broken. "I-I've reached le-ess than 30 perce-ent capacity. I will cease f-functioning in a f-f-few moments."

"No, Red, please. You can't die." You cried as the two of you sank to the floor.

"You m-made me truly f-feel emotions a-and I-I thank y-you for tha-at." He stuttered, "I l-l-love you, (Y/N)."

"I love you too, Red." You whispered shakily into his ear and he laughed weakly. He held on to you for his last few moments. He pulled you back so he could see your face once more. He cupped your cheek and used his thumb to wipe a tear away.

"G-g-oodbye." He dropped his hand and fell onto his back, his eyes closed. You sobbed at the loss of your old friend. At least in his last moments of his life, he was himself.