Encounters Count

It was 1:10, time for art class. Lexa hated art. She was put in there because she hadn't chosen her subjects quick enough, so there was no place for her in P.E, but plenty of spaces for her in Art. She wasn't interested in the painting and drawing aspect, but she quite liked taking photos. Her teacher, Mr Ashcroft said she had a 'natural talent', so that's how she spent her Art lessons, aimlessly wondering the school, and its grounds capturing photos to bring them back and put them on laptop's.

It was completely different for Clarke though, she loved art and always had. She was first to complete her options form and had put Art as her first choice and got it. She loved to paint portraits of people, and landscapes. Mr Ashcroft always told her how she was 'his biggest competition in the art world'.

After an hour of wondering the school and taking photos, Lexa returned and started downloading her images from the camera. "They're beautiful Lexa" Mr Ashcroft proudly stated.

"thank you sir" Lexa said back, her cheeks turning slightly red.

"WOW!" Clarke said whilst glancing at her laptop. Clarke didn't sit anywhere near Lexa in Art, but Lexa wished she did. Clarke was just passing to get another paint brush.

"thanks" Lexa said, turning a brighter shade of red.

"hey, can I sit there" Clarke said pointing to the seat that was empty next to her. "I want to look through some more pictures if that's ok with you?" Clarke asked. Lexa nodded sheepishly.

Clarke spent 5 minuets flicking through the images, gasping at the ones she really liked and complimenting Lexa's eye for detail.

"They're amazing" Clarke pronounced sliding the laptop back to Lexa.

"Thank you, they were a quick few shots" She stated.

"damn, if they were quick. I'd love to see ones you spent time on" Clarke said, smiling purely. That smile, that smile was one that made Lexa's legs tingle and her mouth go dry. It was utterly beautiful.

"I have some on here if you actually want to look" Lexa said in a shy manner.

"of course I do, get them up then photographer" Clarke said with a wink.

"These, wow... they're. They're amazing-" Clarke spits out

"aren't they just" Mr Ashcroft says stepping in the middle of the girls. "Nice to see you two finally talking, this is what I've wanted for a while" Both girls blush and look at the teacher standing in between them, with confusion written across their faces. "God sakes girls. Nothing like that" both girls visibly relieved. "Clarke is one of my most promising painters, she's brilliant and can capture the beauty of anything she is painting. Lexa is the most promising photographer I've ever had the pleasure to teach." Both girls turn their heads rather bashfully. "I want you Clarke to paint one of Lexa's photographs. You may choose which one from the few in the folder Lexa has up now. Then the image and painting will be displayed side by side. It will also go towards your course work, which is 50% off your final grade. So you both up for it?" he questions.

"Sure" Clarke says with a slight smile.

"whatever" Lexa says sternly.

"You should pick one then Miss Griffin" Mr Ashcroft announced.

After a few minutes Clarke settled on one of the school's field, with a single rose in the foreground, the image has so much depth and beautiful colours Clarke couldn't pick anything else.

"Are you sure you want me to paint one of your images, you didn't seem very interested in the idea?" Clarke asked politely.

"I am! I've seen your work, it's amazing" Clarke blushes slightly at the compliment. "and I know you will do my photo justice. It's just, a lot of pressure... and I hate pressure" Lexa says whilst looking at the floor.

Clarke giggles. "You've already done your part; I've picked the image. Your parts over, it's now on me to re-create your amazing photograph"

Lexa laughs, "I guess you're right."

"I'm always right" Clarke says with a wink. "class is about to end and I need to pack up. Next lesson can I sit next to you? That way you can see the painting coming along?" Clarke asked with a reassuring smile. Clarke griffin, wants to sit next to me, Lexa woods. Lexa's heart skipped a beat, but realised she hadn't replied, so she played it cool. "Yea, sure, can't wait"

"Bye Lexa, see you next lesson".

A/N wrote this ages ago. Enjoy. Have a great day!:)