{Chapter Forty Four}

I begin to pack some clothes and some essentials. Shoot. I have left the most important thing in my locker at school. "Dad." I say. "I need something from my locker. Can you take me?" I ask. My voice shaky and broken. "Anything you want sweetie. Lets go." 

We get to school and its empty. Lessons are on. I won't be long. I hope no one sees me. I open my locker. "Gracie." I hear. I turn around and Max is stood by me. I grab what I want and close the door and slip it into my shoulder bag. "Are you okay?" He asks. Then he looks down at my hands which are warped in bandages then at my lip. Both our eyes are teary. "Your dad said you are going to Maine for a month for treatment." His voice sounds almost as bad as mine. "Yeah. The doctors recommended it." I smile. "How could you let him take you. You need to be here." My smile drops. "Max I need help. I see my mom everywhere. My head hurts. I ran away. I talk to for goodness sake. Dad wants me to get better. I will come back home. You don't need to worry about me." I say. "I do nothing but worry about you." He says, us bot in full tears. "How am I going to last two months without you? I can barley last a day without seeing you." He cries out. "I feel the same way Max. But I will be back to normal in no time." I smile. "What if your away longer?" He asks. I don't say anything. "Why din't you tell me? He asks. I was scared. I thought it was normal." I answer stepping away from my locker and Max does the same. "Please don't leave." He asks and I put my hand on his cheek. Brushing away some tears. "I have something to come back for." I whisper and his arms wrap around me as do mine. I hate being small. "Have a fun party. Tell all the gang I love them. Check on Jasper. Where I'm going I do school work. I will be back in time for exams. Revise. I want you to do well Max." I say as we pull away. "Jasper needs biscuits all day then wet food at eight in the morning and five in the evening." I add. "It will be boring without you Gracie." He says. "It always is." I answer and begin to walk away. I get far enough then spin back around and he is still stood there. We are still crying. "Don't worry about rumours. I'm used to it." I chuckle. "Gracie." He says. "Hey. You are a good singer by the way." I smile. That was the first time we really connected. 

And I leave.

Max's POV

"Hey. You are a good singer by the way." I say. Then she turns around and leaves. I don't wanna move. Why din't I tell her how I feel about her. She doesn't feel the same way though. She just sees me as her best friend. I love Grace Claymouth. I want to tell her. I should. I run after her and outside. She's gone. I'm too late. Grace. She is my drop of Jupiter. I love you, Gracie. Why could I never tell her. Ever since I saw her dancing around with her mop I have liked her. I guess I don't have the balls but yet I'm a dick. 

I guess I will never change...

Thanks for reading, written by Jess and Liv. The clue of the next book was in this chapter. Grace just left and Max loves Grace! Ohh! We have already written a lot for the next book and hope you will continue reading. Chapter out maybe tomorrow... Thank you so much for reading. Sorry for any spelling, grammar and stupid mistakes. We are British writing a book set in America so we will get some things wrong. Love ya guys so, so, so much xx

Jess and Liv