{Chapter Twenty Four}

I hate tests. But I feel I doing well on this one. Its multiple choice which is always better. I turn around to see Max struggling. I can tell my the expression in his smooth face. I wonder what its like to have that? The looks. The popularity. The sex. Because I am still a virgin. Shocker. I am getting distracted. I turn back around and continue my test. 

So far in the audition we have read lines. We just got given random roles to see our performing from a script ability. 

Me, Mona and Lilly is currently waiting for the singing part of the audition outside the auditorium. Mona wants a small part like me and Lilly is happy with whatever. Augustus and Max have already auditioned singing wise so they get to watch everyone else. We need to sing some lines from the song "Easy Terms" which is sang by Mrs Johnstone. Me, Mona, Lilly and like two other girls are called. We are the last bunch. 

I am the third go in the line to sing. We each have to sing the first verse 

ONLY MINE UNTIL
THE TIME COMES ROUND
TO PAY THE BILL.
THEN I'M AFRAID.
WHAT CAN'T BE PAID
MUST BE RETURNED.
YOU NEVER, EVER LEARN,
THAT NOTHING'S YOURS,
ON EASY TERMS.

I ignore the the first girl and Mona. Well, not ignore but block out. I sound like a bitch. What I mean is I am just focuses on the words and getting ready to sing. I have not sang in front other since I was like four years old. What four year old can sing? Well, probably a lot.

"Okay. Grace Claymouth." The teacher reads and the piano starts again. I am holding my script in my hands which are shaking. The piano begins. The world pour out of my mouth and everyone is looking at me which makes me shake even more. I stop when the part ends. "Could you sing the next verse and the chorus please." The teachers asks and the piano starts back up again. 

ONLY FOR A TIME,
I MUST NOT LEARN,
TO CALL YOU MINE.

FAMILIARISE
THAT FACE, THOSE EYES
MAKE FUTURE PLANS
THAT CANNOT BE CONFIRMED
ON BORROWED TIME,
ON EASY TERMS.

LIVING ON THE NEVER NEVER,
CONSTANT AS THE CHANGING WEATHER,
NEVER SURE
WHO'S AT THE DOOR
OR THE PRICE I'LL HAVE TO PAY
SHOULD WE MEET AGAIN
I WILL NOT RECOGNISE YOUR NAME.
YOU CAN BE SURE
WHAT'S GONE BEFORE
WILL BE CONCEALED.
YOUR FRIENDS WILL NEVER LEARN
THAT ONCE WE WERE
ON EASY TERMS.

LIVING ON THE NEVER NEVER,
CONSTANT AS THE CHANGING WEATHER,
NEVER SURE
WHO'S AT THE DOOR
OR THE PRICE I'LL HAVE TO PAY...

I stop as the piano does. "Thank you Miss Claymouth. Next is Lilly Bush." 

I step out of the auditorium and my back sticks to the walls and my head tilts up. "Hey Gracie." Max approaches me. "That was amazing. I told you that your voice was-" I cut him off. "That was so terrifying. I was shaking the whole time. I bet I sounded like a quaking duck." I put my face in my hands and run my hands through it. "Grace. You are wrong for the first time since I think we met. You are a beautiful girl and singer. Mr Noels loved you. You don't give yourself enough credit. Your mom would be proud." He smile down at me then tucks a strand of hair behind my ear. "I need to go to the bathroom. I will meet you by the West Wing door?" He asks, stepping away, his eyes flustering around. I just nod as she dashes off. I go to the West wing door and see Michael Gino. "Hey." I smile. "Hey." His eyes widen. "What?" I ask, clenching my folder. "I just. You look beautiful today."He grins at me like a chessa cat. "Thanks." I try not to blush but my cheeks begin to get hotter and hotter. "Still on for Saturday? I can pick you up from your house at like seven. Just text me the your address." He smiles at me then turns around. "I don't have your number." I call out to him. "I will give it to Friday night." He calls back. Friday? Oh yeah Fred's party. 

I get home, dumping my school bag on the floor and kicking of my shoes. I am so hot and tired. I slowly drift off. My eyes break through to the light. Someones in my room. I sit bolt up right and mom is stood right there. "Mom?" I say. "Hello Gracie." She sits down next to me and I turn to her, crossing my legs. "I can't believe you got a tattoo." She tilts her head. I hate that head tilt. "I'm sorry. But now I have it I am happy. It was for you mom." I defend. "Your father is furious." She stands up. "No he's not. He was mad but we are on better terms." I smile. "He doesn't feel the same way. But without me or Zachery. Who has he got left? Especially because soon its almost the day when I collapsed in the parking lot. That was one of your dads worst birthdays. We cancelled the party." My smile fades. "Well this year he is going to have a good party." I say strongly. "What makes you think he wants to spend it with you?" She ask. I slouch down and feel a bit teary. She sits down opposite me and tucks a hair behind my ear. "I din't mean to upset you Grace. How was your day?" She smiles. "I had a test and an audition which Max thinks went well for me. He says I have a beautiful voice." I sit back. "You do. If only Zachery could sing or play the piano like you. I miss him. I miss you." I lay down and she looks over me. "I miss you too. But I see you sometimes. In the background or just near." I look up at her. "I know. But you can't tell anyone. Promise me Grace." She looks sad. "I promise." I close my eyes. "Good girl Gracie. I'm sorry." 

I wake up to the slam of the front door. Just a dream. I get up and rush downstairs. 

Thanks for reading, written by Jess and Liv. What did Elva mean by she's sorry? Next chapter is the party. Let us know what you think of the characters. Leave song recommendations, ideas, thoughts and suggestions. Love ya guys xx