{Chapter Ten}

We both love this song and has a strong connection to us in our personal lives. Hope you like it and this chapter xx Enjoy.

Tuesday. School again today. Today I am not taking Max's advice of dress code because boys were all over me yesterday and that isn't who I am. I change out of my pyjamas into black jeans and a walking dead top, with black converse, my glasses and some makeup as I look dreadful at the moment. Dad din't get home until really late last night as they threw him a welcome party and he left early for work today so we haven't had the chance to chat. 

I open the door to Max and smile, ready to go but he steps in. "Nope." He says bluntly, as I shut the door. "Nope?" I repeat, wondering what on Earth he is talking about. "I know you said I can no longer be your fashion adviser but..." He stumbles out. "Okay. I will go change." I pout, then stomp back up to my room. 

I come back down in a black skirt, yes I do love skirts, a redish jumper, black tights and brown heeled boots, boots make me seem taller, my glasses, eyeliner, mascara, blusher, foundation, lip gloss (Not in that order). 

"Better

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"Better." He smiles, opening the door for me. "We are friends right?" I ask, as we climb in the car, buckling ourselves in. "Yes. You my only girl friends. In the friend way." He answers, driving off. "Good. I need a friend. Um... since I am not keeping in touch with my others." I add, few. "Yeah. Well we can get that sorted." He grins. "What about you and your friend?" I raise my eyebrows at him. "I have Fred, Patrick, Bryce and Augustus." He continues driving. "What about any friends who are girls?" I say in a different tone of voice. "Well, you. I talk to Catherine in music." He pushes out. "Well we can get that sorted." I chuckle and he elbows me. "Cheeky one." He smiles. "What about... um... Ethan?" I question, remembering that jerks name. "No. We hate him. He has two friends, Rocky and Toby. They are the really bad boys of school. Worse then me, Rocky and Toby aren't on the teams at school but Ethan is as his dad is the coach. So today at tryouts I hope he doesn't pick Ethan for family reasons." Max sighs. 

We walk in the West doors, turns out me and Max have the same Homeroom, communications, English, Chemistry and music classes together. So I will know someone, not that we sit together in communications. Max says in Homeroom we just talk and we don't have seats unless its announcements. I walk in and Mr Trek is sat at his desk, his feet on the table and a large book in his hand. He is my Sociology teacher, I recognise his name on my schedule. He has a no sleeved shirt with a vest over it, tattoos up his arms, he is wearing black leather pants and brown shoes, he is also has a tattoo over is right eyebrow. I walk up with Max, clenching the handles on my sactual that is on my back. 

"Hey guys remember Grace?" Max says, sitting on a desk as I stand next to him. "Yeah, the cute one." One of them winks. "Grace, this is Fred and that one is Bryce." He points and I awkwardly wave. "Quiet mouse." Fred says, making me look away. "Hey baby. A girl comes over, sitting on Bryce's lap. She is wearing the cheerleader outfit, the short red skirt with the white stripes and red and white top, white trainers, her brown hair in a pony tail and her brown eyes shinning. Her skin fair and smooth. She is pretty. "This is Lilly, Bryce's girlfriend." Max mutters. He leans in and whispers in my ear. "She is sweet, friends with most people and not a flirt, like Bryce." "Hello, I'm Lilly. It is nice to meet you..." She pauses. "Grace." I fill in. "Nice name." She smiles. "If you need any showing around or any help just ask. I think we have communications together." She continues smiling. "Are you thinking of joining the cheer team?" She asks, standing up. "No. Sorry, I'm not that interested. Do you like it?" I ask, as she stands up and approaches me. "Yeah. It is tryouts today and I am auditioning again, if you were a cheerleader before you are very likely to be again. It is really for Freshman, but needs to be fair. Next year I can run for captain or co-captain." She giggles, sitting down on a desk opposite me, and I sit down on the desk opposite her. "Have you got any friends in cheer leading?" I ask, releasing my clutch on my bag strap so it rest on my back. "Yeah. Emily and Vanessa. They have a different Homeroom. We are also friends with Mona, she is not on the team." She tells me. 

We spend the rest of Homeroom talking about my "friends" back home. I don't want to seem like a loser. Next I have Communications then English, double music that is before and after lunch, then Sociology. Me, Max, Lilly and Patrick, Fred and Lilly's friend Mona. "Sorry you can't sit with us Grace." Lilly wines as we approach the classroom. "It's okay Lilly. We have English together next." I cheer her up then take my seat as she does hers. She sits in the second row to the back. This classroom as five rows. First row. The enthusiastic sit in row one. In Freshman year and middle school that was me. Second row, my row. Odd people who don't care where they sit. Third row. Cooler people who are also brainy. Forth row, cool people along with the fifth row. The fifth row contains the really bad people or sometimes the Gothic or Emo. 

Mrs Field walks in and puts her stuff on her desk then looks up and gazes right at me. "Oh Grace. I just found out. I am so sorry about your mom how she passed away. If you need anything let me know. All the teachers had to be informed. I hope that's okay." She sympathetically says, which turns into words that shoot me down. Everyone turns to face me. Whispering and pointing. I stand up, making more whispers. "Mrs can I be excuse for a second?" I ask and she nods as I dart out the room. "Was it something I said?" She asks as I open the door and close it gently behind me. 

Great. Now I am the girl with the dead mom. I wanted to be someone else here. Not the loser. And especially not that girl.

The girl with the dead mom.       

Thanks for reading, written by Jess and Liv. Next chapter carries straight on. Let us know if you have any feedback and by the way, we try to post chapters as much as we can. Love ya guys xx