{Chapter Thirteen}

Max pulls up outside my house. For some reason, he always pulls up outside my house then drives into his garage after I have vacated the car. "So excited for tonight." I girlishly giggle. "Aren't you going to be board?" He asks as I unbuckle my seat belt. "No. Of course not." I smile then jump out the car. 

It's only five and I am board. This never happens. Jasper is sleeping and when you wake he he gets pissy. I am currently just sat on my bed, my back up against the wall hoping for someone to message me. Then a familiar face looks through his window. He smiles at me and runs away. Seconds have passed and then my doorbell rings. I rush downstairs and open the door. Max barges in and I close the door behind him. "Can I help you?" I cross my arms, looking up at him. "Knew you would be board." He smiles. He looks...messy. He is wearing tracksuit pants and a grey top with sneakers that he kicks off. His hair is still polished. I am wearing blue fabric shorts with a black vest top and a blue hoodie with white, short socks. My hair is in a messy bun on the top of my head and my glasses on and my makes off. 

"So tonight we are going to have food and movies." He orders then runs into the kitchen and I trail behind. "What can I get you?" I ask. "Beer?" He answer asks and a cheeky smile spreads across my face. "You like the idea." He smiles back, hoping on the counter and I open the fridge and pull out the beer. "Who wouldn't." I reply, closing the fridge and pulling out the beer opener. I carry the beer opener and the pack upstairs, Max behind me. We slump down on my bed, I open my laptop up and he opens to cans. 

"What movie shall we start with?"

Pizza is now here and we are on our second can with the movie "Hush". We got chicken and peppers, my favourite and ham, kalamata olives, Max's favourite. Also, deep fried chicken. Which is my favourite food. We play the movie, munching into the food. 

The movie has finished and so has the food. Beer can three. We are lead on our back on my bed, looking up at the ceiling. "Apart from knowing about your family and your favourite pizza topping and your school reputation. I feel I don't know enough. Am I going to regret this?" I break the silence. "What do you wanna know?" He asks. "I don't know. Stuff friends." He sits up and looks down on me. "I am a player, as you know. I like to wait a bit however after the holidays. I am scared of flying. My ex-girlfriend left two years ago. I was a player, until I met her. She moved to Canada and we were gonna have a long distance relationship. She stopped messaging me so I was going to surprise her for her birthday by flying over there and like I said, I am a terrible flyer. I saw on her Facebook page 'Now in a relationship with Nigel Turner' so I just let her go. She looked happy in all the pictures with him." I sit up. "Your go." He adds, then sips on his beer can. "I was never popular in school. I was bullied. The guy I loved din't even know my name. My mom died of cancer. They couldn't save her, they gave her treatment but it din't work. She lived with us until about four months before she died where it was a danger for her to be at home. She taught me to the play the piano. I was the one with her at the end on a visit after school. Zachery had football practise and dad had work. We din't know that was her day. She just fell asleep." A single tear roles down my cheek. 

That moment with never be forgotten. 

Some bits I wish I could forget of that day. 

Some bits I wish I could never forget of that day.

"I'm sorry Grace." Max wipes the tear from my face. I feel awkward and change the subject. "Excited about tomorrow?" I turn around. I cross my legs and sip on my beer. "Yeah. Maybe. Not designated driver tomorrow so I can get wasted" He winks and I giggle. I look at my phone and its only just past nine. I stand up and open my wardrobe. "I need fashion advice." I sigh. "Shouldn't you be asking your girlfriends this?" He stands up and walks over to me. "They aren't my really my girlfriends yet." I remind him. "That's why tomorrow is important. It could be the start of friendships." I nod. Looking back at my wardrobe. "I thought you would rather be in bed being lazy." Max looks into my wardrobe. "I would. But I need to go. 

It has gone eleven. Max is just leaving and dad isn't home yet. "See you tomorrow. I am going with Mona to get ready at Vanessa's as apparently she has the biggest room and biggest bathroom." I smile. "See you at the party then." He winks and walks away. 

I clean up everything then sit on the sofa, watching those programs about sixteenth birthday for snobby bitches. 

The door unlocks and dad comes and come bashing in, slamming the door behind him. He slurs over and sits next to me on the couch. "Yo." He slurs out. "Dad!" I stand up. "I thought you were just hanging out with a work friend." I put my hands on my hips like a grown up. "I had one beer then he left to go home to his new wife." Dad looks up at me. "Dad." I sit down. "You can't do this. Again. You know what your drinking leads to and I can't lose you." Dad looks away. "Go to bed Grace." He mutters "Dad." I begin. "Now Grace. Its late." Then he stands up, waddling of upstairs and I hear his door slam. I follow in his footsteps. 

I go to my window to close my blinds and I can see Max walking around in his bedroom, his hands on the back of his neck. What is he thinking?

Thanks for reading, written by Jess and Liv, leave us any comments and if you have any banners for the book please send them. Thanks. Love you guys xx