{Chapter Twenty Five}

We all get handed our Homecoming picture in an envelope. "I can't wait to open these when I get home." Lilly giggle, which makes Bryce kiss her cheek. "Finally. Its Friday! I have been waiting all week for this." Augustus says. 

Today is a chill day apart from the evil stares we all got from Emily and Patrick. 

We finish our movie of "Wayne's World" and I jump up from Max's bed. I start to unpack everything out my bag. Makeup, clothes, hair straighteners, shoes, bags, jewellery. Everything you need to get ready for a party. "How much stuff do you need Gracie? I just slip on some clothes and spray then brush my hair and done." He looks horrified at my stuff. "One day can I do makeup for you?" I giggle and he gives me a stern look then runs over and begins to tickle me. "Get off." I scream laugh. 

I am in full makeup and my hair in a light wave, but pretty much straight. I am wearing a black skirt that is not fitted to me, the bottom comes out a bit and it fits perfectly on the waist. I am wearing tights with it and black lace boot with a red top which tucks in my my leather jacket. No glasses today. I have a little black bag with a strap. It contains my phone, lipstick, keys and glasses. Max is designated driver tonight and I am staying at his place. 

We arrive and the party is pumping. Max's clothes are so chill. He is wearing jeans and a shirt. We go in and Max starts flirting almost instantly. I make my way over to the drinks table and get a vodka orange. "Hey." Vanessa makes me jump. "Hey. I raise my shoulders with a smile. "Thank god you are here. I need some help." She begs me. "Okay." I say and take a sip of my drink. "Some girl is flirting with Bryce. He's not picking up on it but we need to stop him before Lilly gets out the bathroom." She grabs my hand and guides me through the crowds. We reach Bryce and he is alone. "Where did that skank go?" Vanessa stomps. "I told her the truth and she left." Vanessa is fuming. "No one hurts Lilly." She says sharply. "Its Okay Nessa. She's gone." Bryce says worriedly and walks away. And Vanessa storms off. Great. I'm alone. "Hello Grace Claymouth." I hear from behind me. Not anymore. I spin around. "Hey Michael Gino." I smile at him. "I said I would give you my number." He says. What? Oh right my face says and I hand over my phone. Taking a gulp of my drink. 

"Come on Grace I love this song." Lilly screams. Putting her hands in the air and dancing around like a crazy lady. Fred wraps his arms and me and Lilly dancing. "Thanks for coming guys." He says, he is still holding onto his drink. "Great party." I say. "I just wanna dive in that pool." Lilly screams. "Well next weekend my parents will be gone so its gonna be our group at mine. We can go swimming!" He screams over the music. "Whoa!" Me and Lilly shout. 

Its gone eleven and I am still dancing. "Come on Grace. We gotta get going." I hear Max say from behind me. "I don't wanna go."I protest but he twirls me around to face him. I am close to his chest and we are looking into each others eyes. I step back he he doesn't let go of my wrist. "I'm having fun." I sarcastically smile. I am trying to move but he fist is still clenching to me. "Come on Grace." He pulls but I pull back. "I'm having fun. I never went to parties in Tampa and you are trying to ruin my fun. I need fun in my life. I missed out on this for two years of my life because of my mom and fucking cancer. Just let me have some fun." I shout. I shake his hand of in one swift move. "Fine. Make your own way home." He sasses and turns away. His walk is strong and angry. Not my fault. "Whoa. Come on Lilly!"

I run upstairs to the bathroom which, lucky for me is empty and puke down the toilet. Holding my own hair back.I wipe my mouth and sit down on the floor. I go again but this time I feel hands in my hair. I finish and look up to see Max crouching behind me. "Max." I whisper. "Yeah?" He whispers back. "You din't go." I smile. "I wouldn't leave you." He tucks a hair behind me ear. "I'm happy." I say. I continue to smile as he does then I begin to cry. I am bawling my eyes. "Then why are you crying." He takes my hands and we stand up. In the mirror I can see my mascara running down my face. "Because I am such a bitch. I shouldn't have said those things to you. I have hurt some many people. My grandparents are still-" I cut off. "What?" He steps closer to me. 

Flashback-Eleven months ago

"How is she?" My grandma asks. "She is asleep. We shouldn't wake her. We have to take her to the hospital tomorrow. So she can live there." My dad sits down on the polka dot chair by the piano. My moms parents are round. They hardly ever come round. They are posh and snobby and they don't get me, Zachery and my dads family. Its Grandma and Grandpa. Grandma sits down, not before checking the chair for stains and so does grandpa. Zachery is at practise for football and I'm home, seeming as its a Saturday. 

"Maybe that's best." My grandma says, crossing her legs and brushing herself down. Dad doesn't say anything. "Oh Reginald. You look. Unclean. Why don't you go take a hot bath. I will stay here in case Elva needs anything. "Thank you." Dad smiles and leaves to go upstairs. I slouch down in my chair. "How are you Grace?" Grandpa asks me. "How should I be?" I snap. "Grace. That is no-" "What? My mother is dying." I sit up. "How is anyone meant to deal with that. She is the nicest, most beautiful and innocent person in this family. She is the only one who turned out fine and she got fucking cancer." I shake my head in anger. I am pissed of a lot at the moment. I just go to school in scrappy clothes as mom can't get out of bed to tell me not too. "Grace mind your language. Apologise" Grandma snaps at me, pointing a finger at me. "No Grandma." I stand up. "I'm not going to apologise for being myself. Mom is dying and we better get ready. At least we can let this misery go. Maybe we can be happy again." I look down at them. Grandma looks like she could slap me across the face and Grandpa could just cry. My eyes fluster back and forth at them and then I turn around and leave. Stomping up to my room. 

Present

"What?" He steps closer to me. "Nothing. Lets go." I walk past him and downstairs. Out the house. Into his car. Back to his house. 

Thanks for reading, written by Jess and Liv. Hoped you enjoyed this chapter. Leave comments of thoughts of the chapters, banners, ideas and song recommendations. Love ya guys xx