{Chapter Four}

"What took you two so long?" I stand sternly in the hallway, my hands on my waits, Zachery and dad opposite me. "We ordered some furniture and got some grocery's, geez." Zachery huffs and shoves past me, our shoulders bash into each other. I follow them both into the kitchen and start unpacking the grocery's. "I see you are still in your pyjamas." Dad smiles at me and puts his arm around me. "Yeah. Why bother getting dressed when you got no place to be or no people to see." I pull away then seconds later the doorbell rings. "Shit!" I mutter. It's the Prier's. "Who could that be?" Dad asks. "And what is this?" Zachery asks, pointing to the giant basket in the kitchen containing fruits, chocolates, candy. "Um... The Prier's said they were gonna drop by for a welcome." I sadly grin. Dad sighs and has a puzzled look on his face. We follow him out to the door. He opens it slowly to reveal the Priers on the front porch. 

Dad and Mrs Priers embrace in a tight hug and in laughter. What? Do you know whats happening. "I can't believe it is you!" Mrs Prier takes in hands in hers and dad nods and puts his right arm around her. "Kids this is Margret. My best friend from High school." Well that was unexpected. "I haven't see you since our wedding." Dad smiles dad at her. "We should have never have fell out of touch."She smiles back. "Jackson, how are you?" Dad shakes the man hand, firmly. "Good Reg, good." He shakes back and we all disperse into the kitchen.

I sit on the counter and everyone sort of hovers. "It was me, you and Bianca at school together. I can't believe she moved to Iceland to marry that man. Did you hear they have a two children. Nine years of age." Mrs Prier gossips. Her name suits her. "Can I get anyone a drink?" Dad says "Tea would be good, you darling?" Mrs Prier turns to Mr Prier. "Yeah tea. Boys?" He turns to three tall boys stood behind him. There is Maximus and two other boys. They both have ginger hair but one has blue eyes and other brown. They all look fit. Except one is wearing glasses. "Juice." One of them says and Max and the other one nods. "Oh these are my three boys. Gregory is my eldest at nineteen." She points to fit one. "Maximus is my second child at sixteen." She points to him. "And Zander is my youngest at thirteen." She smiles. "These are my rascals, Zachery is eighteen and Grace is sixteen like your son." Dad puts his arms around us making us pull disgusted faces. "Yes I met Grace earlier when I dropped of the basket." She nods. "Yes, thank you so much for that. Please go sit down. I will bring the drinks in." 

I help dad bring in the drinks and we sit down. We have two couches set up and two arm chairs at a diagonal angle. Me, Zachery and dad on one, they three boys on the other and Mr and Mrs Prier on the arm chairs. "Where is Elva?" Mrs Prier asks. "Yes she is always the life of a party." Mrs Prier smiles, giggling. "Dad it's okay." I put my hand on his knee. "I'm sorry did we say something?" Mrs Prier asks. "No. Its okay Margret." Dad pauses. "El, she died five months ago." My eyes start to fill with water like a bath. "Oh I'm so sorry Reg." She reaches her hand over and squeezes him. "Can I be excused." I stand up but without and response. I stand against the wall in the hallway so I can hear the conversation. "It has been hard Margret, Grace gets emotional whenever me or Zach or anyone tells someone she is dead. I think she needs time." I walk upstairs and into the bathroom, I leave the door open and run the cold tap, flickering my fingers under it.

Flashback-12 years ago.

"Now Gracie, what we have to do its turn on the tap." Mom puts her body around me and I stand on the kid step. "Now we put the soap on and rub it together so their are lots of bubbles." I giggle at this. "I love bubbles." I smile up at her, making my neck ace. "See, it is not so bad. Now we wash them under the water like this." Right my turn. I put my hands under the water and flinch back. "Mom its cold." I moan. "Sorry sweetie. Is this better?" She says adjusting the taps. "Yes." I smile, washing my hands. Then she squeezes her arms around me and starts kissing me all over in a ticklish way. Making me laugh. "Mom!" I laugh and she lifts me up and keeps kissing.

Present

I turn off the tap and look in the mirror. I turn around to see Maximus stood watching me. "Sorry did you need the bathroom?" I ask. "Yeah. I'm sorry about your mom." He smiles down at me. "Thanks." I look away. "I bet you are used to that by now." He shrugs. "Yeah, I get it all the time a bit annoying really." I lie. I walk past him but he opens his mouth again an I turn around. "Hey. You are a good singer by the way." I pause for a second. "My mom taught me." I smile up at him and turn back and walk downstairs and I hear the bathroom close when I touch the bottom step.  

As we are saying goodbyes at the door Maximus walks over to me. "Hello Maximus." I smile for a second. "Please. Max." He winks making me pull a vomit face. "You got sass. See you Monday Grace." He winks again, flirtatiously "I hope not." I laugh and they all leave. I get into my room and open the window a bit to let in some air then I hear "Grace!" being shouted. I slowly turn around to see Max grinning at me. "You have got to be joking!" I mutter. "Looks like we are right by each other." He winks and I dash over to the window and close the blind. "Night Sassy Gracie." I pause for a moment. "It's Grace!" I shout back, my blinds still closed. "Okay Gracie!" He replies and I pear through the gap to see he has gone. What a dickhead. 

Hey guys! Thanks for reading, written by Liv and Jess. We hoped you liked the song at the beginning. Hehe Funny. Anyway, thanks for reading, lets us know of any feedback. Love ya xx