{Chapter Fifteen}

I get home. My head pounding from yesterday. I go to walk upstairs but dad pears round the corner. "How was it?" He asks. Should I tell him what I saw? It was just the alcohol so no. "It was fun. I am going to get some sleep, din't get much. I will be down for lunch." I smile and run upstairs into my room. I drop my bag to the floor and just collapse on the bed. 

Light pierces through my eyes. She is stood there. Smiling down at me. Her hair in a braid that is floppy. Her skin clear and she is wearing a yellow sundress. I wipe my eye, sitting up and  go to look at her but she isn't there. "Grace! Your brother is on Face-see." Dad shouts. I stumble downstairs. "Its Facetime dad." I correct him. "Right. You okay sweetie, you look pale." He asks. "Fine. Like I said I'm just tired. "Hey Zachery." I sit down on the sofa, looking at the Ipad. Dad joins me. "Hey Little One! How's life?" He asks.  

Its been three weeks since I saw mom. Knew it was the alcohol. It is currently Sunday and I am in the shower, singing along to "I'm just a skipping stone" by Clair Guerreso and deepen. Great song. 

Twenty minuets pass and I shiver out the shower in my robe. My hair flowing down my in a wet mess. I put my glasses on so I can see my way into my room. I have to wipe the condensation off them. I make my way into my room. "Fuck." I jump back. "Maximus!" I scream at him, tightening my robe. "Your dad let me in. You were in the shower so I waited here. He is currently sat on my bed. His phone in his hand and his shoes on the floor. "Please don't call me Maximus, Gracie." He slouches back on the bed so his back is resting on the wall. "Don't call me Gracie." I reply. I stand there for a moment looking at him. "Oi! I need to get dressed get out of my room." I demand. "I will just turn around." He says, going to turn around. "No. Max. I will be a minute. Just stand outside." He sighs and stands up. Slowly making his way out my room. He stop right by. I can feel his hot, minty breath. "I know I have told you this before. But you have an amazing singing voice." He smiles and leave, gently closing the door behind him.

"Come in." I call for him. I am in black leggings and a oversized jumper with black socks. I am brushing my hair as he enters and places himself on my bed. I scrunch it into a messy bun and sit next to him. "How are you feeling?" He asks. "You looked pretty wasted." He smiles. "Its been a while since I have been to a party." I lie. "My last one was about the weekend before you arrived to the little town." I smile at him. "Have you ever seen a ghost?" I asks. "Where did that come from?" He turns to me. "Just a question. I... I watched a ghost TV show the other day and was just curious. "I lie again and turn to him. "Nah. I wish. Unless it wanted to kill me. Have you?" Ahhhh. "No. Well Zachery used to tease me and said he would see one stood in my room. One that looked like something in Insidious. But I never saw one." I smile. I keep lying. But I don't wanna tell anyone. I was drunk. The mind plays tricks on you. Right? "Ohh. Good idea." He jumps up grabbing my laptop and placing it on the bed. "Lets watch Insidious."

Monday morning. My outfit today consist of black tights and black fabric shorts that have rips at the bottom. A purplish redish top with sleeves that fall just below the elbow and laced up boots that make me look taller. Until I stand next to Max or many other people. My makeup of eyeliner with flicks, mascara, foundation, blusher, dark lipstick that matches my top and my glasses, of course.

Max joins me in my room as I am brushing my hair, so it doesn't look frizzy. 

He begins to drive, music from the radio playing softly in the background. "I think I want to go go on holiday this year." I randomly say. "No thanks." Max laughs off. Oh yeah. His flying issue. "Well we can always get the train or drive or get a boat. I dunno." I smile. Uh. We drive up this road. Well we always drive past it. It is not just one road. It is meany with a centre square which is a park. The block has shops, cafes, restaurants. Some apartments, take always, a pharmacy and so many other things. They all look like they have been here for a few years at least. Some since I must have been a kid, some even older. But today there is a new arrival. I big "opening soon" sign hangs on a new cafe. From the outside it looks like any cafe but as we stop outside as people cross the road I can see movie posters on the walls and cool furniture. Its colour scheme of white, red, black and a cyan colour. We begin our drive again and I cant take my eyes of it until we live this section of the town. Main streets. Uh. I am now craving soy latte. Its my favourite. 

We pull up in the parking lot and walk into school up to my locker, Max trailing next to me

We pull up in the parking lot and walk into school up to my locker, Max trailing next to me. We stop at my locker and I begin putting and taking out stuff. Then we turn around. Stuck to the wall is a poster. Not a nice poster. "Homecoming next Saturday". NOOOOO my mind screams. "Oh cool. Big games on Wednesday. You coming?" Max asks but I am still fixed fiercely to the poster. "Gracie?" He asks. "Sure." I say. 

Thanks for reading, written by Jess and Liv. Hope you enjoyed, any feedback just let us know. Love ya guys xx