{Chapter Thirty}

"We're back." I say, closing the front door behind me. "Can you put the cake in the kitchen?" I ask Max who salutes me with a cheeky smile and leaves me standing alone in the entrance. I walk into the living room and decorations are hung and everything looks great. "Good job guys." I smile. "We have just got to do the kitchen and finish the dining room." Lilly says. Max joins us all in the living room. Zachery, Max. Can you do the kitchen and Lilly and Mona. Can you finish the dining room and Mike can you help me tidy the garage so we can fit the car in it to make space on the drive?" He nods. Our drive way it pretty wide. About three cars could fit on it and with a  clear garage that make about five car. Six if someone has a small car. But I'm asking people to park round the back so it doesn't look suspicious. I told dad I was inviting over some friends tonight and maybe we could all get takeout so he will think the cars are his. They probably will be as I said my friends could park round the front.  

"Thanks for helping me today Mike." I say to him as we put things in boxes and push things out the way. "I'm glad you asked me. I like spending time with you." He smiles at me making me blush. "Shoot. I'm going to get some more garbage bags from the kitchen. I head out through the garage side door and decide to enter through the kitchen door. I open it to see Max and Zachery having a heart to heart. "What you guys talking about?" I ask. "Nothing just guy stuff." Max defends and Zachery nods. "Come on Zach, lets finish these balloons." Max says. Zach. They must like each other. I detect a bromance. 

Everyone has gone home to get ready and come back a six. I am now out the shower and I see Zachery's light on in his room. I pear through the small crack where the door is open. He is playing video games on his computer. Zach saved up from a desktop and laptop. Jealous. I have my laptop. He only plays video games when he has something on his mind. I decide to leave him be and go into my room and continue the getting ready process. I dry my hair and curl in, apply makeup of foundation, concealer, blusher, mascara, eyeliner, eye shadow and lipstick which matches my dress. With my dress I wear my laced boot heels and tights. I also have contacts lenses tonight. Sometime I feel lost when I'm not wearing my glasses. I am that weird. 

Zachery enters my room without knocking

Zachery enters my room without knocking. "Rude much." I sass. "You can't say much Little One. Anyway is this okay?" He asks. He is wearing black jeans and a black t-shirt with trainers. "Wonderful." I say and stand up and walk over to my bedside table. "Well you look beautiful Grace. I don't think I'v ever seen you dressed up. Apart from when dad sent me that picture of you going to homecoming. Speaking of which." He shove past me and picks up the pictures on my desk. Ones we had done at homecoming. I snatch them of him. "They are for my room. I just bought frames for them. That reminds me." I place them down and walk downstairs with Zachery slightly behind me. As you can I have put the nails in the walls where I want frames and we need to hang them and place them around the house. Its one of my presents to dad. We starts to hang up the photos. Some of me and Zachery as kids, some recent some of family members, Zachery's prom pictures and my homecoming then some of mom and some of us with mom and right by the front door a photo of the four of us. Like a month before mom found out she was ill we went to the beach and this guy took our photo. That was an amazing day. We all genuinely look happy. 

17:58. First guest arrives. Its Lilly and Bryce. Guest keep arriving.  My grandparents on my dad side arrive. Me and Zachery are so happy to see them and they seem thrilled they say how beautiful and handsome we look and are planning in the summer to say for a bit and hopeful dads sister and family will come. They can't make it tonight. I don't think dad would be disappointed. 

That party is in full swing and everyone seems to be having a good time. "I hope he likes it." I say the the girls. "He will. This is amazing." Lilly grasps my hand. People are helping themselves to food on the dinning table and the cake in the kitchen. "Mike comes up to me. And pecks me on the cheek. "You did good Grace." He smiles. "No we did good." I say referring to me, Max, Zachery, Lilly, Mona and Mike. "He's coming" A woman says who works with him. We switch out the light and everyone hides. The door creeks open and close behind him. The lights switch one and everyone jumps out with a "surprise". Dad looks shocked. People start to say happy birthday to him. My grandparents hug him. Our eyes connect and he immediately makes his way over. "Happy birthday dad." I say with a huge grin and go to hug him. "Save it." He spits out. I step back as my smile slightly fades. "How could you do this to me?" He asks. "Hey dad! Happ." "Did you two plan this?" He interrupts Zachery. "It was my idea." I say. "How could you do this to me?" He raises his voice. People stop their conversations and look over. "I thought you would-" "No Grace! You din't think! I wanted to be alone this weekend as you no how hard it would be. Its like you don't even miss her you just want to move on. I can't believe this." He shakes his head as my eyes fill with tears. He turns around and heads up stairs. Everyone whispering as my eyes overload with tears. I hear the door slam upstairs and my body jumps. "Excuse me." I wimpier out. I rush upstairs, people making a pathway for me. I run into my room. Gently just closing the door behind me. My feet are stuck to the floor and I can't move. I just slide down into a ball on the floor. My head leaning on my door. 

"Knock Knock" above me. "Go away Zachery!" I yell. I made him go away once. "Please just let me in." I hear Max's voice. "Max go away." I correct myself. My voice is broken and I'm still crying. "Then I will sit on the other side of the door and say what I gotta." He says. I hear him sit down on the floor. "Grace. I'm so sorry about what happened but that is not your fault. That is your dads. He is just not ready yet. I'm not going to lie. This may last a while as you don't just bounce back. Your dad loves you Gracie. He might not show it at the moment but he does." I am still crying. "He did love me. Before mom died. I was stupid to think he did." I shout out with tears running down my face like a athlete. "Me, Zach, Mona, Lilly, Nessa, Patrick, Bryce, Augustus. We all love you. You have your grandparents who are down stairs worrying about you. " I do a little smile and open the door, dodging it as it opens. My arm stretched up, pulling on the handle. We are both sat on the floor. Then I fall into his lap, gripping onto his jacket sleeves. His hands on my head. I just let the tears come out as we sit in my doorway. "Can I stay at yours tonight?" I ask. "Always." He whispers into my ear. 

Thanks for reading, written by Jess and Liv. I hope you enjoyed. I can't believe we are at chapter thirty! That is incredible. Don't forget to comment in the comments and send us fanart or banners at Jessandlivpoopgmail.com Love ya guys xx