{Chapter Eleven}

I don't hesitate, I run down the bathroom room, just down the corridor. I get in and just stand in front of the sink. Hyperventilating. 

Flashback-Seven months ago 

"Where have you been?" My mom immediately asks me, I shut the door and turn to her. She is wearing checked pyjama pants and a black top with black slippers and her hair tied in a french braid. "I just went for a bike ride." I say, going to walk by her but she steps in front of me. "You left the house at one in the morning Grace. What was I expected to think you had gone. Just for a little snack at your friends house. Or just to pick me up some milk?" She shouts at me. "I just needed some air. I am old enough to take care of myslef mom." I try to step past her again but she is not giving up. I can see the tear marks under her eyes. "You could have been hurt or worse Gracie. You don't know how much I love you." She smiles at me but I kick off. "Then you would let me ride out when I wanted too!" Her face changes. "Grace Claymouth!" She then pauses. Thinking of what to say next. I push past her but she grabs my wrist and spins me around. "What happened to you. You have not been yourself lately and it is... horrible." She says at me. "Not myslef." I pull away. "Mom. Last week the doctor said the treatment wasn't helping you and there was no point of the treatment." I begin to cry as does mom. "You have fucking cancer mom. How should I be dealing with it? Going on picnics? Having sleepovers? Painting my nails in a field of fucking poppies!" I scream, tears streaming down. "Zachery and dad don't want to say this but your are dying mom. You are dying and the doctor is going to call up one day and tell us the Domesday. I am not aloud to feel sad or angry or like shit because you are dying mom. We all need to accept it. This is my way of accepting it. Riding my bike in the cool, dark air helps. So please let me." She looks at me, stunned. "Goodnight mom." I whisper, then leaving her alone in the entrance way. I shut my bedroom door and I hear her crying. 

Was I too harsh?

Present

I wipe my eyes, and look down at my shaking hands. 

The tears have stopped the the hand shaking has become very hidden. Thanks waterproof mascara. I almost jump out of my skin when I see Max. "Shit Max." I hold my heart. "What are you doing in the girls bathroom?" I ask him, looking under the stalls to check no one was in here. "You think this is the first time I have been somewhere I wasn't supposed to be." He cheekily smiles, but instead of cringing, pulling a disgusted face or laughing I look away. He steps closer to me. "Grace. How are you feeling?" He stupidly asks. "How do you think I feel. Mrs told our class, and I may be new but I know what schools are like, things travels round at the speed of light." He looks at me. Like he can't speak, his words are being held back. "I feel like shit Max." I cry out into my palms. Suddenly his arms rap around me and I pull my arms up, feeling uncomfortable. Boys don't hug me. I slowly wrap my arms around his body as he has done mine. I rest into his warm, hard chest. I feels relaxing and... I can't explain it. It is like fireworks just went off in the cold or the darkness and he is warming me up. I hope no fireworks are going on down below. We pull away and he takes my hands in his. "I could say its gonna be okay or don't worry or your strong. But this is a time to cry. Come on Mrs Fields will send out a search party." He smiles, and releases one of my hands and we burst out the ladies bathroom.

We step in and Max takes his seat as I do mine, Mrs Field noticing us, but not saying anything. People whispering and looking, Mrs Field hushes them and silence echos the room. "Pages 63 and 64 in the text books please." She requests, sitting down at her desk and she starts writing in red pen on lined paper. I turn to the pages, beginning to take notes. I turn around , my hair flicking with me to see Max slouched back in his seat fiddling with his pen. He looks up at me, his white, toothy grin gazing at me. Then Fred looks up and nods his head at me, raising his eyebrows up once. I pull a face and turn back around to my work. 

The bell goes, everyone stuffing their bags with their stuff or their desks and bolting out the door. "Hey Grace." Lilly and another girl approach me. The other girl has olive skin and dark brown hair with jade eyes. Her hair in high pony tail. Her handbag resting on the shoulder and her makeup, suitable but beautiful. She is either Emily or Vanessa. "Hey Grace, this is Vanessa." She smile, introducing Vanessa. "Hey Grace. I'm sorry to hear about your mom, if you need anything let me know." She grips my arm. "Same." Lilly grips my other arm. They are sweet, kind girls.

But the was just the beginning.

Dad is picking me up from school today. We can have a chance to talk. One more lesson then lunch. English went so slowly, even though it is me, Max, Lilly, Bryce, Augustus, Vanessa and Mona. I met Mona who has much more in common with me, she enjoys Sociology and English and Chemistry. It is me and Mona is Sociology. We take our teat and ten minuets later Mr Trek walks in, his cup of coffee and food in his mouth. He places both on his desk and picks up the chalk and turns to the class. "No I don't care about your summer holidays like most teachers as I am not most teacher. We are talking about collective behaviour. You better take notes because next Tuesday on my desk better be a essay on collective behaviour." Everyone groans and moans. "But sir, its our first week back and football and all sports have-" Mr Trek interrupts the student. "Not and excuse Rawlings." Mr Trek interrupts. 

I take notes all lessons then the bells goes. I pack my stuff away and Mona comes over to me. I will meet you outside. I gotta text my dad something about what colour room I want as we are redecorating." She smiles, piratically skipping out the classroom. I am about to leave then Mr Trek speaks to me. "What is your name again?" His voice is stern. "Grace. Grace Claymouth." I quickly answer. "Right. Claymouth. I heard about your mom." He changes the subject. My throat suddenly aces like and anchor is being pulled through it. "You don't have to say anything." I clench my handles on my bag. Trying to speak and look normal. "I wasn't going too. My mom died a year ago. I don't want any crap either. I hate it. Just know." He pause and walks closer to me and whispers. "I think Mrs Field is a prick as well." He then pulls away. What? Oh he heard what she said in class. "Thanks Mr Trek." I smile. "See you after lunch." He walks past me, sipping on his coffee. He is nice. But isn't. But is.

Thanks for reading, written by Jess and Liv. Hope you enjoyed, let us know if you have any feedback as if you want to send any banners/covers for the story email Jessandlivpoopgmail.com Oh and we add a music video/song each chapter because who doesn't like music. So if you have any music recommendations for chapters let us know in comments. Love ya guys xx