Mine

Ms. Singley comes back in a few minutes later 2 pills of Ibuprofen in her palm and a small plastic cup of water in the other.

"Take these and the pain should start to ease. We do encourage deep breaths but considering your condition it will indeed cause pain. I will prescribe you Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory pills and antibiotics to reduce the risk of infection in your lungs that could possibly lead to pneumonia. Other than that, you are free to go Miss. Austyn after I write out your prescription." She smiles warily and unhooks the tubes from my arms.

Hunter hands me my clothes and I make my way to the bathroom. Once done changing, I grab Hunter's hand and we exit the room, heading to the reception desk to get my prescriptions for my medications.

"See, it's okay Hunter. I'm fine, you're fine and we can go home now." I smiled, leaning on Hunter's strong shoulder. He nods and kisses my temple, moving my loose strands of hair away from my face. The light brown locks cascades past my shoulders and lands softly above my bum.

I squeeze Hunter's hand lightly as the receptionist hands me the sheet of paper for my medications and we walk to the elevator. Hunter squeezes back harder, corners of his mouth lifting up in a smile.

I press the green number for the first floor and the elevator dings open, we, and another few people step in including a little girl with brown wisps of hair, she looks about 6. The girl is tightly holding her mother's fingers and she's peering around the elevator and her big brown eyes land on Hunter and I.

"Mommy! Mommy! Look at them! Aren't they the cutest couple I've ever seen!" She points her chubby finger at us and my cheeks heat up.

Her mom tells her to, "Shush down, Rosie." and she frowns waving back at us. She lets go of her mother's hand and she walks over to Hunter, tugging on his pants leg, and Hunter smiles, kneeling down to her height, "What is it, sweetie?" He smiles.

"Your girlfriend's very pretty." She whispers in Hunter's ear and he smiles, looking up at me.

"She is, isn't she?" He asks and Rosie nods her head frequently.

My heart swells at his words. He just claimed me to be his girlfriend and the little girl just called me pretty. I'm more than happy and I think the width of my smile gave that away. The elevator dinged open and Rosie skipped to catch up with her mother.

Hunter reaches for my hand again, interlacing our fingers and I lean on his shoulder. "So i'm your girlfriend, now?" I bite my lip to hide my smile.

"Are you?" He says, halting in the middle of the parking lot.

"Definitely." I say and a huge smile etches its way onto Hunter's features. He leans down to capture my lips. We both smile into the kiss, knowing that this is our first official kiss as boyfriend and girlfriend.

"You're mine." Hunter says more to himself as he sits in the drivers seat.

"And you're mine." I smile.