Strikes

Song of Chapter: Fall by Justin Bieber

{Hunter}

My legs were propped up on her bed, endulged in one of the many books I found on her dusty bookcase. About to flip to the very first page when I heard a deafening crash come from behind her bathroom door. The book slipping from my hands to crash on the floor. My feet swiftly carrying me to the bathroom door, I turned the knob, fist banging harshly against the wood. I cursed, for which the door was locked, no way for me to get in. No way to get to Austyn if she really needed my help.

Frustrated, I began twisting the knob until the door finally swung open. I glanced past the now broken mirror, and the shattered glass, searching for Austyn until I finally found her in the bath. Bubbles shielding her naked body from me. She had her back turned to me, her dark hair contrasting against her pale skin. Her back heaved up and down, shoulders shaking erratically.

"Austyn?" I called out, boots crunching against the floor as I stepped on the glass to get to the side of the tub. She didn't answer.

"Austyn." I repeated, nudging her shoulder. She didnt answer and that's when I took a glance over her shoulder. I nearly fainted at what I saw. Austyn, a large shard of glass in her fingers, repeatedly striking her impeccable skin. She paused before she struck her flesh again.

3...

4...

5...

"Austyn!" I gasped, grasping her forearms and heaving her out of the tub. Not caring she was bare as I sat her on my lap, snatching a towel from the counter to wrap around her shoulders. Its like something clicked in her mind and she was screaming and thrashing in my arms. I wound my arms over the bend in her elbows to keep her still. Shouts piercing the air as her legs struggled to get free from my tight grip.

Finally she settled down, her body still shaking against my chest, broken sobs still leaving her precious lips. The newly fresh cuts on her wrist still oozing with red liquid, even though they weren't no where near deep. I stood her up, wrapping the towel underneath her armpits so nothing was visible. I sat her on the counter, reaching for the first aid kit in the medicine cabinet.

I dabbed her cuts with rubbing alcohol before retrieving the package of band-aids."No don't. Leave them be." She whispered, pushing my arm away.

"Why?" I asked. "Because they hurt Hunter." She whined, pushing me lightly back by my chest. "K." I responded, setting the band aids back in the drawer. I just stood there, watching the girl that I've slowly fallen in love with, cry before my eyes. My fucking heart hurts and I wonder if this is what love felt like. Loving someone so much it hurts. It brought tears to my eyes to see her like this, cuts on her perfect skin, tear stained cheeks, dull eyes from crying so much without a shoulder to cry on.

"Hunter." Austyn said and that's when I felt the tears wet my cheeks but I didnt care. I took Austyn in my arms, hugging her so tight that she probably couldn't breathe. She sniffled, taking hold of my shirt and pulling me closer. I buried my head in her neck as we both cried together.

"We can get through this together, I promise. It'll get better." I cried, probably sounding like a wimp, but like I said, I didnt care. After awhile we pulled away, our breathing heavy, our eyes crusty. I rested my forehead on hers, swiping my thumb under her eyes to wipe the falling tears. I kissed her forehead, lifting her from the bathroom counter and walking into her bedroom.

I sat her down, pulling out a large long sleeve t-shirt from her drawer and a pair of underwear before setting them beside her and turning around so she could get dressed because there was no way I was letting her out of my sight after what just happened. When she was done she told me I could turn around. She crawled under her blanket and laid down. I followed suit, kicking off my boots and sweater before crawling in with her. She turned on her side, so we were face to face, staring at my features. I scooted closer, grasping her hips and pulling us even closer then what we already were.

Damp hair fanned out on her pillow, looking like an angel. I lightly traced over the outline of her bottom lip, trailing down her jawline and over her rosey cheeks. She shuddered against me as I drug my fingertips behind her ear and neck, her eyes fluttering close. I brought my hand to her hair, running my fingers through the wavy locks, her eyes now trained on me. I slowly leaned in, capturing her upper lip between mine, kissing her gently.

She kissed me back then we both pulled away about 15 seconds after. She laid her head on my shoulder, letting out a yawn. Before we both fell asleep.