Ice Cold Water

The sun fought its way in through the sheery curtains, making my vision blur. I peeled my eyes open and nearly died on the spot. All of the guys were inches away from my face, cheeky grins plastered on their lips.

"Go away!" I cringed, pulling the covers over my face, smothering my head into my fluffy pillow.

"Get up. Before we pour cold water down your shirt!" Hunter called out.

"You wouldnt dare." I say, poking my head from under the duvet so they only saw my eyes and the messy hair that fell from my bun,again,last night.

"Okay then. You dared me." Hunter said, snatching the covers from me revealing the t-shirt that was hiked up to my hips, showing my bare legs.

Damn you Hunter.

I shimmied the tee down my thighs, determined to cover the still healing scars that scattered across the skin of my thighs. I looked up,seeing confusion written across all of the guy's faces, they apparently saw the cuts. I hid my face between my hands, ashamed.

I heard Hunter usher the guys out the room. I reached for the covers that lay bunched up at the foot of the bed, but a hand caught the fabric first, tugging it further down the bed.

Hunter glared at me, his gaze fierce. "I swear its not what it looks like." I lied, the look on Hunter's evident that he wasn't buying it.

"Are you sure its not what it looks like?! Because to me it looks like those are cuts! Are they?!" Hunter screamed, making me flinch.

"Why would you care?! You didn't care before. So why care now?!" I yelled back, tears collecting in the back of my eyes.

"You think I don't care? If I didn't care then why did I come check up on you last night! Huh Austyn? I do care!" He screamed back at me.

Having nothing else to say, I turned my back on him, burying my face in my pillow again. "Austyn look at me." Hunter begged, taking ahold of my waist and turning me on my side.

"Ugh. What do you want?" I snapped.

"I want to know why those cuts are on your thighs. Can I see?" He whispered.

Even though I wasn't comfortable with Hunter looking at my fat thighs, I let him.

I trusted him.

I rolled over onto my back, Hunter placed his hands above the fabric that clung to my legs,his eyes glanced up asking for permission, I nodded my head.

Cold air hit my thighs as he slowly lifted my t-shirt. His eyes scanned repetitively across the span of my thighs,his cold fingers brushing lightly against one of the cuts causing me to shiver, "Sorry." he muttered, brushing his fingertips against another cut gently and more cautiously this time. My eyes following his every movement, Hunter dipped in, studying the cuts more closely.

I shifted uncomfortably, Hunter's eyes glanced at me,peeling his eyes away from my thighs. He carefully shimmied the fabric down my thighs like it was before, he crawled back up to my face,"Im so sorry.....I-I didn't know."

Now it was my turn to shush him,

"No one ever knows."