Hakuna Matata

{Hunter}

I woke up hours later, a weight that once wasn't there, now pressing on my stomach and chest. I smiled, opening my eyes and realizing it was Austyn's tiny body sprawled out on top of me. Her small legs were on either side of me, her arms hanging limply over my shoulders. Soft snores leaving her lips in deep breaths.

She seemed so peaceful, no worries, like there was nothing difficult going on in her life. And that made me smile. Seeing her not crying for once or suffering made me happy. I wish I was able to see her like this all the time.

My palm stroked her over the material of her shirt, goosebumps rising over the flesh of her back where my fingertips softly traced figure eights in her skin. My other fingers massaging her scalp gently. I felt her sigh into my neck, realizing she was awake, I still continued my movements, for her lack of words telling me to stop encouraged me to keep going.

"Hunter." She let out another breathy sigh into my neck.

"Yes?" I asked, my fingers halting to a stop.

"....Thankyou for last night. If it weren't for you coming in the bathroom I would've probably tried to kill myself." She told me, my heart clenching of the thought of her not being here.

"Im glad I came in there when I did. I cant bear seeing you lying lifeless somewhere. It'll kill me." I told her.

"Im glad you did too, Hunter. Over the past few days I realized I have more to thank you for then I've given you credit for. So a trillion times thankyou." She lifted her head to look into my eyes. I smiled, pulling her into a hug,

"You're more than welcome, Austyn." She let out a breathy laugh and we both forgot about what we were talking about.

Our laughs died down after awhile, but we didnt leave our position. Austyn snuggled even more into my neck as my grip on her tightened. I resumed my previous actions, stroking her back and massaging her scalp. The room silent except our shallow breathing every once in a while.

"Austyn?"

"Yes?"

"Do they still hurt?" I asked, referring to the rather "new" cuts on her right wrist.

"Just a little." I knew from that sound of her voice that she didn't want to talk about it anymore so I just left it alone.

"Are you hungry?" I asked instead.

"No." She turned her head so I couldnt see her face, indicating she was lying.

"You haven't eaten since yesterday morning Austyn."

"So? Can I not be hungry for once?" She bit back.

"Damn it Austyn! You're so complicated." I shouted.

Austyn climbed off my waist, standing at the edge of the bed, "Get out!" She pointed towards the door.

"Im not leaving until you eat something." I proved my point by crossing my arms over my chest.

"Ugh I hate you!" She shouted.

"No you don't." I said, knowing for a fact that she didnt hate me.

"I do! You-you....make me so angry!" She pulled at the roots of her hair.

"Oh really now?" I asked, amused.

"Yes!" She finally turned around, seeing the small smile on my face and pounced on me screaming that she hated me so much. I was surprised as she landed on me with a small thud, swatting me on my bum. It was times like this that I enjoyed so much.

We goofed off for some more then I stood up, grabbing Austyn's waist from behind and tossing her over my shoulder. I opened her bedroom door and walked out, a screaming Austyn over my shoulder. I stumbled down the stairs and into the kitchen, setting Austyn on the counter,"Stay." I demanded, grabbing 2 bowls from the cupboard and frosted flaked from the fridge before setting the items down beside her. I made 2 bowls of cereal, sliding the one with the lesser amount of cereal in it to Austyn.

"Eat." She groaned, dipping the spoon into the cereal and stuffing it in her mouth.

I smiled, "Good girl." I purred while patting Austyn on the head, which I received a slap from.

**********************

First off I wanna start off by saying.....

THANKS FOR 1.1K!!!!!!

I really hoped you enjoyed this chapter!

ENTER!!!