Chapter 26

Camille

Throughout the next day the only thing on my mind was who the hell Sandra was. An ex girlfriend? Is she dead? How did she die? Did Lancing kill her too like he tried to do with me? The questions just floated through my mind as I stirred the bowl of cereal in front of me.

Josiah's voice snaps me out of my thoughts, "Are you gonna eat it? Or just stare at it?"

"Sorry, I was just thinking." I take a spoonful and shove it in my mouth. "See?"

He chuckles as I attempt to talk with a full mouth, "You're cute. I'm gonna take a shower." He kisses my forehead before walking past me. "Wait, I forgot to tell you I'm going out today." He turns to face me again. "Alright, when will you be back?"

I shrug, "Why?"

"I was hoping maybe we could go out for dinner today." I smile, "Then I'll be back by 7:00."

"See you then." He heads back up the stairs to the bathroom. I use the house phone to call the apartment, "Hey bitch." Rosa answers after one ring. I chuckle, "Hello to you too, is my brother around?"

"Not yet, he called and said he'd be here at like 3 to get you."

I smile, "Then I'll see you guys at 2:30."

"See you later bitch, love you!"

"Love you too, and tell Mitchie I love her too!"

"Nah." Rosa says before hanging up. I shake my head at my best friend and put down the phone. I put my bowl in the sink and head upstairs to get ready. I enter Josiah's bathroom to get my towel, but end up coming face to face with his naked tattooed chest as he opens the shower door. His towel wrapped securely around his waist and water droplets dropping down his beautifully toned chest.

"Were you looking to join me?" He smirks. "I just came for my towel."

He looks me over and smirks again. "Why are you looking at me like that?" I ask. He doesn't answer my question, but instead brings his lips to mine fiercely. His hand cups my face as I kiss him back just as passionately. He lifts me up and leads me back to the bedroom where he gently lays me on the bed. 

His lips depart from mine and make their way to my neck as his hands roam my body. I let out a soft moan as he lightly leaves bites on my neck. I bring his face back up to mine for another kiss as I flip him over and straddle him.  He sits up and attempts to pull my shirt  off but I stop him. "Is something wrong?" He asks.

"Um, I need to go get ready." I get off of him and grab my towel before leaving the room. I get into the other bathroom and begin undressing in front of the mirror. I almost let out a cry as I come face to face with these stupid bruises again. It wasn't as dark as before and they were still very much there. Josiah knew about some, but hadn't seen the one under my clothes.

I didn't want him to see them, I didn't want him feeling sorry for me or treating me different because of them. They didn't really hurt anymore, just slightly. But they made sure they were still very noticeable. A tear dropped from my eyes as I looked them over.

I was startled by a knock at the door, "Camille I'm sorry if I took it too far." Josiah says from the other side of the door. I recollected myself and wiped away the tears before answering, "You didn't do anything wrong. I just wasn't ready for that today."

"I understand, I'm sorry though."

"It's okay." I say quietly as I stare at the bruises one more time. "I'm gonna shower now."

"Okay I'll be downstairs." I turn on the shower and hang up my towel. I let the hot water soak into my body before washing off and getting out.