Chapter 11

Camille

Looking for Josiah was much harder than I thought. I had checked online for locations that matched the places I had been with him, people he might be associated with, and I even asked my friends. I didn't actually asks the people in person, that'd probably just get me in even more trouble, I just looked up what he was involved with and got nothing. Another week had gone by and there was no sign of Josiah.

The only place I hadn't gone was his club, I was afraid of going back there but now it seemed like there was no other choice. I planned to go to the club this afternoon, I doubted he would be there but since he was the owner maybe I could leave a message.

I still hadn't heard too much from Tyler this week either, but I was giving him his space and I respected that he had a lot of work to do.

I showed up at the club around 5pm  before opening hours and knocked on the door. A man came up and just pointed to the closed sign, "No um, I was wondering if Mr.Wells was here?" I ask.

He shakes his head and begins walking away. I groan, this is getting exhausting. I look inside the club again waiting for the man to come back so I can leave a message for Josiah.

The man frowns and walks over to me, "What?"

"Can you let him know I dropped by? And that I'm looking for him?" The man shakes his head, "Look honey, it was probably just a one night thing that's why he's not calling you back. You can't just come looking for him he doesn't want you."

I stare at the man strangely, "First of all, I never hooked up with him. This is business and I need to see him."

"So you should have his number then, he doesn't want to be disturbed right now." The man says before shutting the curtains. I scoff, "Rude!"

Since Josiah actually is in there, I have to find a way in. I walk around to the back of the club looking for a back entrance. I find one but it's locked of course. "Ma'am what are you doing here?" A voice asks behind me. I turn around to see Charlie, the man that guarded my door before that was nice to me.

"Charlie?"

He smiles but then frowns again, "Camille what are you doing here? It's not safe around here for you."

"Exactly that's why I need to find Josiah, he's the only one that can help me right now." Charlie shakes his head, "You have to get out of here now."

"Why?" I ask.

"I can't tell you but you've got to go."

"But I need to see Josiah."

"Camille." Charlie says firmly.

I sigh, "Okay I'm going gosh."

I walk away and Charlie waits for me to leave before he turns away again. Once I notice he's out of sight I turn right back around and continue looking for an entrance. I notice a catering company truck bringing food into the club through a lot. I quickly sneak under one of their carts and they roll me right into the clubs kitchen.

I waited for the coast to be clear before grabbing a caterers hat and apron and walking right out of the kitchen. I head upstairs to a room with Josiah's name on it. I groan when I notice the room is empty, all that work for an empty room.

Suddenly I hear someone approaching the door and quickly dive under the desk. "Doing business with you is always a pleasure." A voice says. "Now lets work out this deal." I recognize the second voice as Josiah's.

He takes a seat at his desk and a cower into a corner giving him space for his legs. The two men begin talking about something, I don't really know what but I know it was business related. And the other man soon leaves, once the door shuts Josiah stands up.