Mission gone wrong (part 1)

Of course, I was too late.

I wasn't nearly close enough to save her from being trapped. As she tripped the wire, she was caged in a steel cell, big enough to fit her tiny body. I stood frozen as a dozen men appeared before my eyes, circling Lucy with pride from their capture.

"Well would you look here, boys. We caught ourselves a beauty tonight." They laughed with a lustful smirk.

"Stay away from her!" I screamed with anger and guilt.

"Oh! She even brought a friend to keep her company..." The leader of the gang took a step forward to intimidate me but I had a sudden conquering power to over stand them.

"Leave her alone." They laughed hysterically as I defiantly approached them, having a plan in mind. Lucy caught my drift and immediately waited for the right moment to strike.

"You don't look so tough. I bet you're as weak as a kitten!" The leader's lackeys laughed uncontrollably, gripping the cage firmly in their hands.

"Well this kitty has claws." I pounced on him, giving him a right hook to the jaw. "Now Lucy!" I yelled for her response.

"Right!" She reached for her keys and summoned Scorpio. As we waited patiently for the spirit portal to open, Nothing happened. We looked at each other with confusion leaving myself wide open. The leader of the group punched me in the gut, making me breathless. I curved in to try and catch my breath as he snapped his fingers letting a swarm of men enter the house. Two of them grabbed hold of my arms and placed them behind my back.

"Do you really think we're that dumb?" He revealed an anti-magic circle within the cage. That's why nothing happened, its exactly the same as Scout. Scout! That's it! They don't know that I know that Scout's in another room. There's got to be some way for him to save us... Though how am I suppose to free him myself? "We knew Fairy Tail wizards were looking for us so we placed a trap! Thanks to that mangy mutt of yours, we were able to use him as bait and might I say how grateful we are for receiving you two ladies." He approches Lucy with a slight chuckle.

"Boss, come and take a look!" He sighed from being disrupted and drags himself next to the men holding me down. The man showed my mark to him and the leader hummed with intrigue. He forcefully took hold of my left hand and gracefully slid his fingers across my mark.

"This must be my lucky day." He whispered to himself with a smirk too big for my liking. He must know who I am... This isn't good. He came face to face with me although we could barely see anything in the dark. "You are very special, you know that?" He grabbed my chin and lifted it so I faced his piercing eyes. "Master Hotaru will be very pleased..."

"Master Hotaru?" Lucy and I asked in fright. Just the sound of his name made me quiver in fear. I felt like I knew that name and all I could relate to it was darkness and pain.

"Load them in the truck." They did as said and held up the cage, delivering Lucy to the truck but she wasn't ready to give up just yet.

"We aren't going anywhere!" She used her Fleuve d'Étoile on the men carrying her and was able to knock them down with a single swipe. Her courage filled my own reservoir and I started kicking and pushing so they could let go of me. As Lucy finished rounding up the men in the hallway, she gave them one last whip and they ran away like scaredy cats! We gave each other a high five with the resolved situation.