Guardian of the forest

I was walking in Magnolia with the sun hitting my face and the breeze creeping in my hair. It was a beautiful day and I was absolutely happy to be here. This was my home now. As I went further and further in the city, clouds ganged up and less people were chatting in the streets. My walk was now hesitant and cautious. I looked behind me, feeling as if I was being watched.

"(Y/n)..." I turned around in shock to see my mom standing in the middle of the road. She looked depressed and lifeless but a twinkle in my eye appeared the moment I saw her.

"Mom!" I squealed with joy. I ran to her as fast as I could, tears swelling into my eyes. I was so happy to see my mom again, I just wanted to hug her, kiss her and tell her I was ok. As I leaped into her arms, I quickly realized I couldn't touch her.

"Mom it's me, your daughter!" I swiped my hand through her and realized I was only a ghost watching from the sidelines. She couldn't hear nor see me.

"Oh (Y/n)... Where are you? Why did you leave me?"

"No! You got it all wrong! I didn't leave, I was dragged here!!" I screamed.

"I thought you loved me... I thought you cared about me..." she slowly whispered.

"I do love you! Mom, listen to me, I'm right here!" I yelled in her ear.

"Sometimes I hear your voice in my head, saying that you're with me."

"I AM!!!!"

"But I know thats only a figment of my imagination..." she whimpered.

"NO!! MOM PLEASE LISTEN TO THAT VOICE!!!! IM TELLING YOU THE TRUTH!!!! IM STANDING RIGHT HERE!"

"Though it won't matter anymore... There's no point in being here if you're not with me."

"What...?" I gasped.

"There's no reason to live if you're not here. You could be dead in a ditch for all I know..." She pulls out a knife from the cabinet.

"Mom, what are you doing!?" She places the knife directly against her heart, ready to strike in one blow.

"MOM PLEASE STOP!!!"

"I love you, sweetheart."

"MOM DONT PLEASEEEE!!!" I cried out. I watched her stab her own heart. Screams of pain and terror surrounded me in agonizing pitches.

"MOMMYYYYYYYY!!!!" I cried in pain.

~~~~~~~~

I wake up in a frenzy, sweat dripping from my face and body. I gasped for air and prayed to be cooled down by the night breeze.
It was only a dream... A terrible nightmare...
I looked around me, it's still night time. How long was I asleep? As I asked myself these questions, I looked beside me to see Natsu fast asleep, drooling with a smirk on his face. He's probably dreaming about food. I giggled at the thought of it. In the state I was in, his presence comforted me, Im in no danger if he's here. He made that quite clear earlier today. His words meant a lot to me, more than he may believe. I was denying myself the reassurance of another person to comfort me. The thought of him being real is still a big shock. I mean, who would've known this place was real and all these wonderful people too! I caught myself staring at him. I carefully placed my hand on his head and played with his pink spiky hair and giggled at the touch of it. It's quite soft even though it looks rough. I laid beside him with a shy smile on my face. As my sense of peace was settling in, a crack is heard in the distance. I lift my head up, alarmed by the noise. Is it a threat? Maybe the man from the night before? It could be anything!