A day with Gray

I woke up in the Fairy Tail infirmary with a blasting headache. As my eyes fluttered open, I immediately scanned the room for Natsu and Lucy. They aren't here, where are they?! I rapidly jumped out of bed and ran out the room. Are they ok? Did they make it? Was I too helpless to aid them? I screamed out their names while I bumped into Gray.

"Woah, you're already up!" Gray took hold of my waist to stabilize my stance.

"Where are they????" I used a panicked tone.

"What?"

"(Y/n)!" A boy placed his hand on my shoulder and slowly turned me around. I stared, shocked by Natsu's body covered in bandages all around. His right arm seems to be in a horrible condition and his chest is covered in bruises.

"Natsu!" I squealed, opening my arms for a hug but little did I know, my injuries caused by the great lion were much more severe than I noticed. As I stretched out my arms for him, I winced in pain from the deep claw cuts on my chest and stomach. The pain was so unbearable, I couldn't hold myself up. I left my body to fall on the ground when I see Natsu's bust up arm swerve around my waist to catch me.

"Natsu, your arm!" I yelped. As we both fell to the wooden floor, I had Natsu's face inches away from mine. His good arm was placed stiffly on the floor, the only thing keeping us apart. His face crunched up from all the pain he received from the blow. I looked up to him and cupped my hands on his cheeks.

"Are you ok?" He asked with concern.

"I'm fine now that I know you're alive." I wimped. We stared at each other for minutes although it felt like forever. His cheeks started to flush a bright pink and I giggled at the sight.

"I'm ok too!" Lucy shouted beside Natsu. We both got up and settled on our feet. Natsu shaked a thought out of his head and directed me a thank you.

"If you wouldn't have been there, I would've been seriously injured... Or worse." He implied.

"Yeah, that shield of yours was incredible!" Lucy agreed.

"You saw it too?" I asked.

"Yes, you're hand started glowing when you shouted for the man to stop."

"Really?" I gasp, staring at my mark.

"And then, when you punched the ground, your magic flowed into the dirt to form a barrier between Natsu and that man."

"But how?" I replied.

"You're not able to control your powers yet but it seems to me that if your feelings are true enough, your magic lashes out to your command." Master appears. "Did he tell you anything?" I tried thinking back but everything was a blur.

"I... I don't remember." As my wounds started to ache, Gray catches me and holds me from falling. Natsu finally notices the bandages around my neck and chest. He gasps while tracing the slight hint of blood on the white bandage.

"What happened?" He asked with a soft voice. I felt speechless. I didn't know what to say. I looked away unable to say a word. He rips the bottom of my top. I yelped as he gazed upon my cuts and bruises on my stomach.

"Oh my god..." Lucy whispers while covering her mouth. "What did he do to you?" Natsu stood there, speechless from the condition I was really in. I tried covering it with my arms.

"What's your problem!? You can't just rip my clothes off whenever you feel like it!" I yelled. He clenches his jaw and forms his hands into fists.

"WHY DIDNT YOU WARN LUCY OR ME ABOUT THIS LAST NIGHT!?" He yelled back.

"ITS NOT LIKE I HAD ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD TO TELL YOU GUYS!!!"