"You do look like my ex wife, scary how similar you two are in fact. I got caught up in my own false hopes of what-ifs and how things could or would have been," Justin hung his head low for a moment and rubbed his hand through his hair. "I am sorry Sadie, I let myself get carried away and I know I frightened you," 

"Even if I were to believe everything you're saying right now Justin that doesn't mean we can be friends. Frankly I don't want to be associated with you at all," Maybe my words were a bit harsh for a man who had just poured his heart and soul out to me but then again he had stalked me for months as well. "I want you to delete my number please, I'm not saying I won't be friendly to you if I see you at the school or in town but please, leave me and my family alone," 

Justin was hurt, I could tell that much. "I understand Sadie, I'll delete your number right now," 

I watched as he pulled out his phone, searched through his contacts to find my name and successfully deleted me. 

"Thank you," 

"I just want you to know that you're lucky. Your daughter if beautiful and you seem to have a strong family. The only person I can think who is even more lucky than you though is your husband. I hope he understands to never let you go,"

"He does, thanks," I said, trying to understand Justin was being sincere and not trying to make things awkward. 

"If you do find yourself single though, I won't hesitate to ask you on a date," Justin said winking at me and we both laughed. 

"I'll remember that but don't get your hopes up alright? There are plenty of single mothers at the school waiting for a man to sweep them off their feet," 

"There are?" Justin looked surprised. 

"Of course, maybe you just never paid attention before. Marissa, Luke's mother, she's right over there," I whispered nodding my head to our right where the brunette mother was sitting typing away on her phone. 

"I didn't know that," Justin said glancing over the single mother. "Should I go talk to her?"

"Yes, go talk to her," I pushed him out of the seat and he sent me a thankful smile before he sat down next to Marissa. 

I felt a huge weight lift from my body and relief washed through me. They hit it off quickly too, chatting the whole way there and I was left to doze off in my own seat with plenty of room for myself. 

Just another thing I wouldn't have to worry about.

========

Emery sat in the metal cart telling me all about her day even though I was there experiencing it with her. I doubt she would even remember me being with her though, with how distracted she was with her friends. 

As I reached for another jar of spaghetti sauce someone ran into my cart with there's and jolted me towards the row of food in front of me. Emery let out a small yelp but she wasn't hurt. 

"Whoops, sorry about that girls, I wasn't looking," I glanced up and immediately froze. Charlie stood in front of us, his cart wedged into the side and a smile on his face. I wanted to rip that smile off of him. How dare he even have the nerve to be around us right now. Was he following us? 

"It's fine," I said reaching over and pushing his cart away from ours and trying to continue walking but he stepped in front of us. 

"It still amazes me that we all ended up in the same place after all these years," Charlie said and his voice made my skin crawl. 

"Amazing wasn't the word I was looking for," I said, glaring up at him. I was being rude and for a good reason. He was crazy and he needed to stay away from my family. 

"I know you still have a grudge against me Sadie, trust me I understand why.  I'm begging you to find it in your hear that you forgive me, please. I've changed and I've been through a lot that's helped me become a better man," Charlie said in the most sincere voice he could muster. 

"Good for you, excuse me please I have some more shopping to get done," I said pushing against him with my cart. Charlie didn't budge. 

"I was hoping that we all could get together again sometime soon, there's so much to catch up on," He said, again smiling at me. I wish he would stop smiling at me. My palms were beginning to sweat against the tight hold I had on the cart and my heartbeat was also starting to spike. 

"We are busy people, I'll speak with Kent and get a hold of Ryan later," I said. Charlie just stood there smiling at me before suddenly his attention turned to my daughter who was sitting patiently in the cart glancing between Charlie and I as we spoke. 

"You are so very beautiful, you look like a perfect combination of your mom and dad," Charlie said, reaching out and lightly touching my daughters pigtails. I jerked my cart back as fast as I could, to get his reach away from my daughter. He had no right to touch her. 

"If you touch her again I will kill you," I nearly yelled, whipping my cart around and hurrying down the aisle. When we got to the front of the store I grabbed Emery from the cart and we left, leaving the cart full of groceries in the store. As soon as I helped Emery get buckled I jogged around to the other side of the car. Glancing back towards the store I could see Charlie standing near the doors, staring out at us. I jumped in the car and was out of the parking lot a few moments later. 

Kent can say what he wants, Charlie has not changed and he never will.