• 38 •

My heart skips a beat when she mentions my full name. I suppress my feelings and ignore the sensation yet once again. She lets go of my hand when all eyes are on us. My hand tingles and I miss the feeling of her long fingers.
     "Who did we lose?" the girl asks bluntly, sitting down on a nearby couch. I lean against the door frame and watch my brother make his way over to her. 
     "It'd be better if we say who survived," Jenna pipes up.
     "Alright, go ahead," the girl says and scoots further away down the couch from Merle.
     "It's just Shane, Rick, Lori, Carl, Andrea, Dale, Glenn and Carol. Plus, the people who live here," Jenna states, pointing to everyone in the room so I can match names with faces. I turn my attention back to the girl and notice Merle whispering something in her ear. She gasps in shock and clamps her hands over her mouth. Merle smirks and my blood begins to boil. 
     "What the hell?" she exclaims and Merle pulls her closer. Everyone in the room watches, not uttering a single word. Annoyed with my brother's actions, I head over to the couch and rip my girl out of Merle's grasp. 
     "C'mon, littl' brother. Let's have some fun," he states.
     "No wa'," I say in pure disgust.
     "I should have seen this coming...even in my dream I was . I guess it was inevitable," the girl mumbles and I look at her with pure confusion. "Explain, girlie."
     "Explain what?" she asks innocently and I force her to sit in a chair, far away from Merle. 
     "How di' you kno'?" I say and wait for an answer.
     "Yeah, it doesn't make sense. You knew what my father had planned and we escaped. However, you also mentioned this man, Daryl. You needed him, for some reason. When I was in the RV, I didn't see you anywhere close behind us, yet you knew you should come here," Jenna joins my side and she clears her throat.
     "Fine, I'll only say this once. I don't like to repeat myself," she states firmly and I listen carefully. Jenna's dad, Maricus whom is also the President of a large video gaming industry invented the popular game, The Walkers Arise. He then wanted to create a real life simulation of the game. Of course, things went downhill from there."
     "Yeah, but that still doesn't explain how you knew about everything. You even helped find Dale," Jenna says. 
     "I played the game, Jenna. I played the game," she says and Jenna grows quiet.
     "I still don't get it," Carl says, wanting a further explanation. "I played the game too."
     "For how long?" the girl snaps and Carl shrugs.
     "Only an hour before it was blocked from my server," he says and Jenna nods her head slowly.
     "Good. Don't touch the game. Don't talk about the game. Don't play the game," Jenna says. "This goes for all of you."
     "Why?" I finally speak up, voicing the thoughts of everyone in the room.