• 35 •

As we head on towards the endless path while dodging trees and crushing stones, I worry for my bike. The tiny pebbles will pro baby get stuck in between the cracks of my tires and there's nothing I can do about it. I sigh out of frustration. Just then, I feel a pair of small hands snake under my shirt. It sends jolts of electricity down my spine. I feel a bit of warmth on my cheeks and I grab their wrists.
     "What ar' you doin'?" I snap and turn around. The girl shrugs and retracts. Instantly, my body misses her touch and I try my best to ignore it.
     "Wait, are you...blushing?" she asks and bites her lip to prevent herself from laughing. I face the front, not wanting her to see me like this.
      "No," I deny weakly.
     "Sure," she states sarcastically. "Real smooth acting skills you got there, buddy."
     "We're here!" Jenna interrupts before I could say anything.
     "Finally," the girl says and jumps of the bike. I do the same and Jenna throws my bike on the floor before hopping off. I grunt out of pure annoyance and grab a fistful of her shirt.
     "Don' treat my bike tha' way," I say angrily.
     "Sorry," Jenna replies, staring at the floor. I let go of her and she scurries to pick up the bike, placing it neatly against a tree.
     "Is that you, Jenna?" a voice calls. I look in the direction of the sound and find an old man waving his hand while standing on top of a RV.
     "Yep," Jenna responds, popping the 'p'. 
     "Who is this?" he asks while climbing down the ladder of the car.
     "Oh, this is Daryl...wait, what's your last name?" Jenna begins to explain and turns to me.
     "Dixon, Daryl Dixion," the girl replies for me and I look at her with pure confusion.
     "How'd you kno' tha'?" I ask and she shrugs yet once again to avoid answering the question.
     "Anyways, I'm Dale. Dale Horvath," the old man takes out his hand for me to shake on it.
     Instead, I leave him hanging and make my way towards the RV. I find an entire camp filled with important necessities. There are tents, stacks of food and water, weapons and vehicles. As I continue walking, an interesting object catches my eye. Once I realize it was a crossbow, I immediately pick it up. It was the same crossbow that I had lost a long time ago. It had the exact features of my old one and I find some arrows to go along with it. The sleek design was something I had chose with Sage. I shake my head to get rid of any thoughts associated with her and swing the weapon over my shoulder.
     "Oh, I would not touch that if I were you," a man states. He has thick, black hair and a stubbled beard. He holds on to a rifle in his right hand and casually walks towards me.
     "It's min'," I say and load an arrow in to my crossbow.
     "No, it's not," he replies and replaces his empty empty magazine with a new one.
     "Who does it belon' to?" I question and point my weapon at him.
     "Merle," he states and my eyes grow wide.
     "Merle?"