~24~

"Run, go find Jenna!" your dad screams. 
"No, what about you?" you say, not moving an inch away from him. He was bleeding. He was bit. "No, I can't leave you here"
"Trust me," he responds and coughs out blood. You stand there in shock, not knowing what to do. "Go before it's too late! Listen to me. I'm not leaving you"
"No," you stand firmly. You finally decided your next move. "I'll go get help"
"NO!" he yells, but it was too late. You were already gone.
You make it outside bravely. It was dark. Pitch black. Fear begins to kick in, but you control it. The only source of light ere the stars. The bright shimmering stars that were scattered across the sky was your light. Your guide. You look ahead. Dead. They were all dead. You hear a loud moan. A silhouette catches your eye.
"Hello?" you say. It echos far off in to the distance. You see the body turn in to your direction. It was coming closer. Listening. "My dad needs help. Is there-"
A hand clamps your mouth. You try to scream, but it comes out muffled and silent. Instantly, you start panicking. Your dad. You try ripping the arm off, but it was too strong. Eventually, you stop struggling. You give up.
"Listen," the man whispers, sending chills down your spine. You take a deep breath and it refreshes you. You were relieved. You found someone who can help your dad. "They're not dead"
Your eyes widen in shock. The hand releases you. You can finally speak. Just before you could say another word, a dead corpse- no, alive. It was defiantly alive. It starts coming closer and closer. You shut your eyes. A gunshot. It rings. Courageously, you open your eyes and find the...thing. It was officially dead. 
"My dad," you finally say.
"Forget about him. He's gone. Dangerous," he responds. 
No, no, no. This can't be happening. Not for the second time. Your dad. The car. The accident. You were there. You saw him die and you couldn't do anything about it. It all happened so fast. For many days, you had nightmares. You couldn't sleep. Eventually, your mom found someone else. That someone else was dying. Your step-dad. 

You run inside the house. The man doesn't follow you and you don't care. That's when you see it. Your vision starts getting hazy. He turns his head towards you. No. It was the nightmare. The same nightmare you've had for years. You sprint outside. 
"I'm not leaving you" 
Those were his last words. 

...

     You wake up, breathing heavy. You look around and remember what had happened. Only problem was that you weren't in bed. It was dark. Daryl wasn't with you. You were alone. Immediately, you take action. You get up and attempt to examine the place, but you couldn't see. You accidentally step on something. It makes a metallic sound. Instantly, you knew what it was. Grinning, you pick it up. Your axe. 

"Anyone there?" you hear a voice boom. It was oddly familiar. "Where are you?"
     You spin around, being cautious. You search for the source of the voice. You see a small light far off in to the distance. Instinctively, you start making your way over to it. You hold on to your axe tightly. A lantern. You finally see the person. At first, you were relieved, but then you were confused. It didn't make sense.
     "Rick?"