~21~

"You're bleeding, idiot," you simply reply. "Go put on some clothes as I get ready"
     "Fine," he walks in to the bathroom.
     You did it. Finally. You open the kit and grab the white cloth. Then, you take the alcohol wipes. As you were concentrating on how to help heal the cut, you didn't notice the commotion coming from downstairs.  A loud bang finally caught your attention. A gunshot. You swiftly collect the kit and make your way hurriedly in to the bathroom. It was were Daryl was.
     "People," you say, out of breath. "There's people"
     "I kno'," Daryl responds. "Hurr' up wit' the ki'"
     You quickly take out the alcohol wipes and cleanse the cut. You knew it was stinging him. He kept flinching. You hold on to his arm firmly so he would stop moving. For some reason, your heart skips a beat as you hold on to him. His strong arms. The same arms that protects you. You wrap the white cloth tightly and tie it. This was so it will prevent any infections.
     "Done," you say.
     "Let's go," he grabs a hold of your hand and runs out of the bathroom. You keep holding tightly, not wanting to let go. Desire. It came back, strong. You try to hold it in since now was not a good time. "Hol' up"
     "Hey Gabin," a rough voice says. "Did you sleep in here?"
     He was clearly referring to the bed Daryl was sleeping on earlier. Daryl pulls you in to another room and closes the door silently. He lets go of your hand and then pulls out his crossbow. You miss the feeling already. Suddenly, you realize something. Oh no.

"I must go back," you say. "My axe"
     Daryl looks at you and sighs. 
     "You sta' righ' here," he says seriously. "If the' foun' out a gir' as prett' as you were her', go' knows wha' they'll do"

You nod your head in repsonse. You really want to help in, but you know you can't. He leaves, locking the door behind him. Girl as pretty as you. It keeps ringing in your ears. You smile, but don't know why. 
     "Hey! You!"
     "Come back here"
     You plug your ears as you hear more gunshots. They finally stop for just a moment and you hear a knock on the door. Daryl?  You move closer to the door to open it, but freeze as you hear rapid fire. The knock keeps getting louder and louder, but for some reason, you couldn't move. You knew the person on the other end was desperate. 
     Black.

...

"She can stay," Rick says and everyone claps with approval. "She's strong. Just what we needed. She will be a great addition to the family"
"Family?" you ask with a confused look. That's not what you came here for. You needed to be safe, protected, not become close to people only so your heart could be broken again. "No"
"Yes, this is your family now," Carl says, smiling.
"Families always break up," you respond coldly. It was true. You know it's true because it's happened before. To you. Mom, Dad, Jenna. They were all family. "Always"
"Bu' this one won'," he says. 
Daryl says.

...

     "This one won't"