• 33 •

The girl gets up on her feet as fast as she could and swings her axe above my head. Then, I hear a loud thump. I turn around and it was a disgusting, deformed human. The skin of the man was paler than usual, he was skinny to the bone and his eyes were blood red. I feel a sharp pull on my shoulder and the girl drags me to my motorcycle. 
     "It's either now or never. We have to run," the girl states and swings her backpack over her shoulders. "Let's go"
     "Whatever you say, girl'e. Where to?" I just needed to escape from all this shit.
     "Towards the bridge," she responds and I shake my head.
     "Yo' mean the same bri'ge with walker infested roads? Nah. I ain't got time for that," I respond firmly.
     "Fine, be that way," she slips in to the driver seat of my motorcycle.
     "Go to hell," I respond, but before I could push the stupid girl off my property, she starts driving. "What the- "
     "If ya really don't wanna go, jump off," she says and smirks while escalating the speed.
     I shut up and let her drive. She makes it towards the bridge and immediately, the walkers begin coming our way. There was no way we were going to make it. I embrace myself for impact and withdraw my pocket knife I always keep. Swiftly, she turns sharply to the left and runs over a couple walkers. Every single walker on the bridge was heading our way. I soon realized the pocket knife was not good enough. I need something bigger. 
     "Pass me yo' axe," I say.
     "Nope," the girl says and crushes yet another walker with my bike.
     I take the axe anyways, completely ignoring her. She whines softly, but doesn't complain. I smirk and start my killing streak. As soon as I reach my tenth kill, the little piece of shit that calls herself human realizes the gas tank is almost out of fuel. I take a long, deep breath and try hard to clear my head. We were going to die. This is how I'm gonna fucking die. 
     "Hold on. I got an idea," the girl begins going backwards.
     "What are yo' doin'? You're not helpin'," I yell over the loud sound of my motor.
     She stops abruptly and the walkers begin to swarm around us. We are trapped, but the damn girl had the nerve to turn around and talk normally as if we weren't about to get eaten alive. I swing the axe left, right and center to kill as many walkers as I can.
     "Do you trust me?" the girl revs up the engine.
     "Why should I?" I spit.
     "Guess you'll have to find out," she responds and takes off.
     The girl speeds her way past the walkers and heads towards the edge of the bridge. No way in hell. She was gonna jump it. The girl accelerates her speed and we jump off the ledge. She screams and lets go of the handles. I take over and lean forward to reach the sleek, black handles. I brace myself for impact and the girl turns around and clings on to me.  My heart rate increases. Time ticks by slowly and the whole world stops.