• 32 •

I don't even bother with watching what was going on. There is only one objective in my mind right now and that is to get the hell outta here. I ride my motorcycle away from the bridge. That's when I heard the familiar sound of a gun cocking. This girl has got to be crazy.
     "Stupid piec' of shit," I say and push her off the bike, shooting her the middle finger as I continue along the road.
       "ASSHOLE!" I hear her call from behind.
       I was cruising the street, back on track. However, I decide to take a break to clear my mind. I hop out of the bike and grab a cigar. It was Cuban and well worth my money. As I took a hit, I think about what I saw on the bridge. The gunshots, the helicopters, the military. It just doesn't add up.
     "Thanks for your generous ass, I got myself one of those," a girl says from beside me with one of my cigars. I jerk to my side. It was the girl from before. "Have a lighter?"
      "How the-" I begin.
      "I asked for a lighter," she interrupts, insisting for one.
      "Fine," I reply and forcefully pull my lighter out of my pocket. "Where's the lil' one?"
      "Jenna? She decided I was crazy and left," she says in her monotone voice, not a hint of emotion.
      "She did the righ' thin'," I respond.
      "Kidding," she says and smiles. Her bright white smile. Her irresistible smile. Her perfect smile. It reminded me of Sage. "I got you good. Let's go"
      She stops smiling and grabs a hold of my hand. It was soft and small. A big difference from my rough ones. The girl throws her cigarette on the ground and stomps on it, crushing it underneath her midnight black boots. I shake my head to snap out of it. Except I can't. It doesn't work. Nothing works. I imagine Sage and think about her light brown hair and hazel eyes.
      "Listen, whoever you're thinking about right now...you're never gonna see them again. So I suggest you drop it and move on," she pushes me to the bike and climbs up behind me, sliding her hands on to my stomach. "Let's go"
     The whole ride was quiet. I did not bother with saying anything because I could not stop thinking about her smile. The girl presses her hands against my stomach and I could feel her head lay against my back. I've felt this before. I know what this is. However, I refuse to believe it. It's not true. I just met the girl and she's crazy. No doubt, a hardcore drinker. We finally reach the bridge and I freeze. No people, but the cars were still there. As I was about to stand, I hear a soft snoring behind me. 
Is this girl...is this dam' girl asleep?
     I could feel my heart getting tighter as I struggle with getting off the bike. I end up giving up and lay her down on the grass next to the road. It was dawn and the sun was setting. I gaze upon the view, but quickly get distracted. Her face. It glistened in the orange sunlight. My heart gets sent in to overdrive and I immediately look away. 
     "Daryl?"