~19~

"We're h're," Daryl finally announces tiredly. To hear that you have finally reached was music to your ears. You've been on the road for over five hours. You didn't mind one single bit. It was because he was there. With you. 

"Where are we?" you dare ask. 
     He ignores you and stops the engine instead. Taking a deep breath to avoid getting angry, you get up and examine your surroundings. A house? It was more like a mansion. The brick was as red as the sun and there were many windows. Most of them were blocked off with wood except the attic. Since it was a remote area, only trees and plants were around it. You hear a loud thud behind you. Daryl?

As fast as possible, you grab your axe and turn around. You stop and stare at the fallen figure on the floor. You laugh. Daryl was fast asleep. After all, he was the one who drove you whte whole night, keeping you safe. Safe and sound. Just then, you remember something- the cut. Your heart beats quickly and you slowly grab a hold of his arm shakily. The cut was still there, except it was worse. It was deep. He had to bear the pain as he drove towards your new home. New home?
     "Daryl?" you call. He makes a funny noise out of annoyance and you can't help but giggle. "Daryl, wake up. I can't carry you inside"
     "Annoyin'," he whispers, thinking you were deaf.
     "Your hand, it's still bleeding," you state the obvious. "Get up and wrap something around it"
     You shake him vicariously and he finally gives in. He takes one look at you and slowly walks in to our new home. Once he was inside, you place the bike safely inside the garage. You hear your stomach make an unpleasant sound. Immediately, you make your way into the mansion to eat. As soon as you set foot inside, you were dazed.
      A long crystal chandelier hung at the entrance, making it grand. Surprisingly, it wasn't broken. The walls were painted soft yellow, glowing slightly. The furniture looks pricey and expensive, but soft. You forgot you were hungry and decide to rest. You climb up the stairs made from velvet red carpet. It was like living in a dream house- a totally different feeling from the prison. As you open the first room that catches your eyes, you hear a moan. The place hasn't been cleared out yet.
     You run in to the room the soft moans had come from. You barge in with you axe. You then stop in your tracks and giggle. You place your axe on a table next to you. The moans you heard weren't walkers. It was something unexpected. A sleeping Daryl. He has woken up from the sound of the door. His first instinct was to get up and aim his crossbow. That's when he notices it was just you. He sticks up his middle finger and goes back to sleep without saying anything. That's when you decide to play a trick.
     "Daryl," you say, calling his name for the second time today. You say and make your way over. When you reach the bed, your heart begins to quicken. Daryl's face was irresistible. His dark brown hair was messy and looked soft. You wanted to touch it. "Daryl"
     "Shut up," he responds roughly.
     "You want food?" you ask. One of his eyes fly open, revealing his ice cold blue color. You suddenly become nervous. You muster the last of the remaining courage to continue talking to him. "Go get it yourself" 
      He sits up and looks at you, straight in the eye. You heart was sent overdrive and your throat became dry. You still don't know why it happens. It just does. He then says something you thought he would never say. Never.
     "If I kiss yo', wil' yo' le' me slee'?" he says. Desire takes a hold of your emotions, feelings. 
     Yes.